Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Script to activate the Crossfader and Smart fader at the same time
chirroHome userMember since 2020
Hello everyone. I'm a bit new to this and I can't find a way to do it.

I usually use Virtual DJ with the crossfader deactivated. What I want is to make a script that allows me to activate smart_fade and the crossfader at the same time and when I execute it again, disable smart_fader and turn the crossfader back as it was.

I'm trying this:

smart_fader ? ( crossfader_disable `get_var '$CF'` & smart_fader off ) : ( set '$CF' `crossfader_disable` & crossfader_disable off & smart_fader on )

but doesn't work as I need. I think the problem is probably in "crossfader_disable `get_var '$CF'`".

My knowledge is limited.

Anybody can help me?

Posted Mon 08 Jan 24 @ 11:24 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
smart_fader ? crossfader_disable on & smart_fader off : crossfader_disable off & smart_fader on

no need for a var

Posted Mon 08 Jan 24 @ 7:05 pm
chirroHome userMember since 2020
Hello locodog and thanks for your suggestion. The problem with your code is that when deactivating smart_fader the crossfader is always disabled. What I want is to return the crossfader to the last state used before activating smart_fader.

This is my new code and it seems to work fine:

smart_fader ?
on & deck all pitch_zero & smart_fader off & var "$CFD" ? crossfader_disable on : crossfader_disable off :
smart_fader on & crossfader_disable ? set "$CFD" on & crossfader_disable off : set "$CFD" off & crossfader_disable off

Posted Tue 09 Jan 24 @ 9:22 am