Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: brake effect that doesn't stop the record. - Page: 1
I think someone should come up with a brake effect that doesn't stop the record. I talk to the guy that made this mix and he said this software has a brake that doesn't mess with the rhythm of the song. I tried it's kinda hard to make a mix like that to me. I need to adjust my ddj400 shortcut also but that brake effect would come in handy.

https://youtu.be/VyP-xjhmNGA?si=QUYgW3-rrl0oD5S_

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 8:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
they exist, they're called VST's, there's thousands of them.

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 9:00 pm
Cool what's one with the brake effect?
I looked back on some old post on the forums. I will check them out. Thanks

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 9:19 pm
If I understand you correctly slipbrake does this (available under extensions)
However it's a bit weird that locodog didn't mention it, since he made it, so maybe I'm not understanding you correctly...

Posted Thu 04 Jan 24 @ 1:03 am

Posted Thu 04 Jan 24 @ 1:15 am

Posted Thu 04 Jan 24 @ 1:16 am
Slip brake is a very cool effect but it doesn't do what I'm talking about. The song stops whenever pressed. Thanks everyone for the help though. I will be sure to check out those videos in the links.

Posted Thu 04 Jan 24 @ 10:15 am
user27178010 wrote :
Slip brake is a very cool effect but it doesn't do what I'm talking about. The song stops whenever pressed. Thanks everyone for the help though. I will be sure to check out those videos in the links.

But that is what was in your video right?
It brakes, but when it stops braking (timed or when you release a button) it continues where it would have been if you haven't pressed brake?

Or do you mean you can ALSO hear the track playing in the back throughout the brake?
Kind of hard to tell...

Posted Thu 04 Jan 24 @ 10:33 am
user27178010 wrote :
The song stops whenever pressed

Did you open the GUI and play around with the settings?

The reason it's called slip brake is that after the brake effect, the track carries on from where it would have been.

If you want the track to continue playing even under the braking sound, you could just play a brake sample over the top of the track. It doesn't need to be taken live from the track.

Posted Thu 04 Jan 24 @ 10:40 am
groovindj wrote :
user27178010 wrote :
The song stops whenever pressed

Did you open the GUI and play around with the settings?

The reason it's called slip brake is that after the brake effect, the track carries on from where it would have been.

If you want the track to continue playing even under the braking sound, you could just play a brake sample over the top of the track. It doesn't need to be taken live from the track.

Ok I never did play around with the GUI settings. I will whenever I get back to the house.

Posted Fri 05 Jan 24 @ 4:08 am
klausmogensen wrote :
user27178010 wrote :

But that is what was in your video right?
It brakes, but when it stops braking (timed or when you release a button) it continues where it would have been if you haven't pressed brake?

Or do you mean you can ALSO hear the track playing in the back throughout the brake?
Kind of hard to tell...

Yea I meant you can still hear the track playing though the brake. The guy in the video said that brake effect doesn't stop the track just makes that brake sound. The slip brake is alright though. I just have to set cues to bring a part of the song back after applying the brake effect. It does what I need it to do

Posted Fri 05 Jan 24 @ 4:12 am
I did go and have a mess around in Traktor yesterday, and the brake effect "Turntable FX" in Traktor behaves as you would expect - it stops the track.

There's a brake length knob and a dry/wet control, so can set a balance between effect and music, but you can't make the brake audible without lowering the music level.

Looking at the video, it seems to me that the reason you hear music under the effect is that he's playing the same track on both decks - so when one deck is braked, the other provides the music.

Posted Fri 05 Jan 24 @ 9:43 am
groovindj wrote :
I did go and have a mess around in Traktor yesterday, and the brake effect "Turntable FX" in Traktor behaves as you would expect - it stops the track.

There's a brake length knob and a dry/wet control, so can set a balance between effect and music, but you can't make the brake audible without lowering the music level.

Looking at the video, it seems to me that the reason you hear music under the effect is that he's playing the same track on both decks - so when one deck is braked, the other provides the music.

Oh ok then so it's similar to the brakefx in virtual dj

Posted Fri 05 Jan 24 @ 9:25 pm

Posted Sat 06 Jan 24 @ 9:38 pm
thinking about it, I reckon you could get what you want with scratch_dna.

Posted Sat 06 Jan 24 @ 10:20 pm
locodog wrote :

I rather scratch the music myself.

Posted Sun 07 Jan 24 @ 12:58 pm
locodog wrote :

I rather scratch myself.

Posted Sun 07 Jan 24 @ 1:23 pm

Posted Sun 07 Jan 24 @ 1:23 pm
it's not a matter of scratching yourself, you can get a brake effect while the track plays, it's a button press with either fx or dna, but whatever don't take suggestions, what do I know...

Posted Sun 07 Jan 24 @ 1:47 pm
locodog wrote :
it's not a matter of scratching yourself, you can get a brake effect while the track plays, it's a button press with either fx or dna, but whatever don't take suggestions, what do I know...

Oh ok I don't understand what u mean by that. Do u have a song example a video or something. I'm not saying u don't know. I'm just new at this. I thought that scratch dna was for scratch effects in songs.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 24 @ 10:50 pm
95%