Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ together with QLC+
I am taking the step to use automated dmx control thought VDJ and control QLC+
I have established a working link between VDJ and QLC+ and I am ready to start programming the lightshows.
But I would be greatful to know what commands I can use in POI editor to control QLC+ scences and chasers.
Also good to know stuff is highly appreciated.
I think this is going to be really nice.

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 5:09 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I believe qlc+ works with os2l button/commands.

Over the last couple of months I've been working with a guy on his light show needs, we tried both; os2l and midi direct out of vdj, he opted for midi because his final choice of LS SW used that.
But for testing I made something that can do either, we ironed out all the midi issues but I left the os2l stuff in there as an option.

Not a pretty pop up window to look at but functional, and fast, no typing once you've named the buttons
button press creates APOI that can output either midi out or os2l commands and the skin buttons can be mapped to HW [he uses apc mini mk2]

I think it more or less finished to his needs and I think it's almost there for os2l as well, most of the grunt work has been done and changes are just a matter of column typing

upto 1024 action poi, 128 "hard coded" buttons and 64 banks of 64 buttons, can be live input to test or play live, or can be setup time input and it lays action poi. midi or os2l.

No small project.

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 5:34 pm

I'm not sure what other options there are out there, but manually typing out action poi must be pretty mind numbing.
Easy to demo, easy to understand but absolutely awful to work with irl

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 6:47 pm
Thanks Loco
I don’t understand much of this but can your ”plugin” help to ease the programming of the POI’s ?
Can I test it / buy it from you ?

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 7:46 pm
Absolutely does and you absolutely can, but I think it best you first get the basics of qlc+ down first.

Not that I want you to suffer, just that me knowing how os2l works on paper but being remote & not having qlc, then you just finding your way with qlc, well it would be hard work for both of us.

here's the initial stuff you need, there's even a padpage but again, padpage - easy to explain, easy to demo but real world use not fit for purpose. it's like digging a hole with a spoon - it works but it's slow.
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/QLC+with+OS2L.html

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 8:27 pm
I am already through the initial setup and has managed to do some manual APOI in VDJ to launche scenes and chases in QLC+
So my mission right now is to program APOI’s in VDJ for a large number of tracks.
AND - I will use a Launchpad or a Akai MPC Mini or similair for hardware control aswell.

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 8:58 pm
ok, if you've done one track we might be good to go then, qlc+ side you need OS2L buttons/scenes NAMES associated with the lightshow instructions, vdj side you'll need the skin, which I'll pm, and then you need initially right click buttons to name them to NAMES.

then you can get started,

initial thoughts are; don't do lots of tracks, do 2 or 3 but do them extensively, you'll learn faster that way, as you learn what you want will keep changing, better to experiment on a small batch you're going to redo everything you're experimenting with now,
just stick to the first 2 pages, 128 is plenty for first experiments, it's currently catered to the other guy and he has different stuff going on with the last 2 pages, I can make a variation custom for you once the other guy is done and you know exactly what you want changing.
Currently it's just os2l scene and os2l button, if you want to get into os2l command, then changes will have to be made, but we can do that on the last 2 pages you won't be using in experiment time.

pm inbound

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 9:38 pm
So greatful for your help, Loco

Posted Wed 03 Jan 24 @ 10:09 pm