Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Unable to clone my maindrive into a bigger M2 drive
This is of course not related to VDJ and please remove the post if it's not suitable on the forum.
But I am getting crazy. Really.
I wanted to update my main drive from a 1TB SATA 2.5 into a 2TB M2 drive.
I am using a cloning software called AOMEI which I've used before with no problem whatsoever.
But this time the PC refuse to boot from the M2 drive.
I've tried almost 24 hours but still not able to reach a bootable disk.

1. Contents on the drive seems to be correct. All disksizes and files seems to be there.
2. Both drives are visible in BIOS under "UEFI boot"
3. As a test, I did install a Win10 installation on the M2 disk and that boots fine.
4. When I boot from it, the error message on the screen says:
RECOVERY - your pc needs to be repaired
Error code 0x00000e

Anyone?

Posted Thu 28 Dec 23 @ 5:08 pm
Nevermind.

For some unknown reason it started to work after various failed attempts of Windows start-up repair.
So for now it seems to be solved.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 7:47 am
Not to advertise, but I only have excelent experience for migrating OS from one disk to another with DiskGenius.
So, if anyone ever wants to migrate their OS to another drive, give DiskGenius a try :)

Posted Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 12:28 pm
Thanks Phantom
In this case I tried two different apps
Aomei and Macrium Reflect
Both seemed to generate good clones but something was still not right as boot did not work but the contents of the drive looked OK
I will try your suggestion next time. 😊

Posted Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 12:46 pm
The good thing with DiskGenius is that it handles the Boot process as well.
In other words, it asks you if you want to reboot the system on the new drive once the clone/migration is done.
If you answer "yes" then it handles UEFI BIOS automatically and the system boots up from the new drive.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 1:39 pm
Thanks for the info George, I'll keep that in mind for next time I change a drive over.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 1:51 pm