Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sugestion on HOW TO (CDJ 2000 NX2 & DJM 900 NX2)
So, for the first time I will perform at a big gig in new years eve with a pair of CDJ 2000 NX2 and DJM 900 NX2. I want to connect the 3 to my laptop with usb cables, my question is: what is the best or optimal setting in this case? I set the audio output trough the CDJ or directly trough the MIXER?
with the 3 hardware connected I think that the best way is use the cdjs as "controllers" only and make the sound go trough the mixer directly, its that the "recommended" setting?

Posted Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 6:04 pm

Posted Thu 28 Dec 23 @ 7:34 am
alexPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Im currently using CDJ 2000 (not the NX2 verson) and DJM 900 NX2. This works really well but some things to bare in mind.
1. Recommend using a powered USB hub.
2. Also make sure your laptop is at least USB 2.0
3. When you first plug in all the equipement VDJ may assign left and right decks around the wrong way as it does not know which is which. You can configure the deck assignment in the controller settings.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 23 @ 5:52 pm

it worked flawlessly! almost plug-n-play! I used the HID via Link and everything just work. VDJ is amazing. thanks a lot for the instructions.

user9418566 wrote :

1. Recommend using a powered USB hub.
2. Also make sure your laptop is at least USB 2.0
3. When you first plug in all the equipement VDJ may assign left and right decks around the wrong way as it does not know which is which. You can configure the deck assignment in the controller settings.

1: thanks for your advice. I didn't know about the powered usb hub, good to know.
2: For sure, i realy doubt that usb 1 has enough bandwidth to run asio audio, specially with a hub
3: I will kept this in mind. thanks

Posted Tue 02 Jan 24 @ 1:02 pm
BTW: As it's also mentioned on the guide above, when using HID via LINK, what matters for desk assignment is the number of each CDJ on the LINK network.
So, you should NOT mess with deck assignment in mapper settings.
Instead you just use the CDJ "SHORTCUT/MENU" option to change the deck number (as you would do on a stand alone system) to the desired value.
VirtualDJ should follow the changes immediately.

That's for HID via LINK since you have used that! :)

Posted Tue 02 Jan 24 @ 7:38 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
BTW: As it's also mentioned on the guide above, when using HID via LINK, what matters for desk assignment is the number of each CDJ on the LINK network.
So, you should NOT mess with deck assignment in mapper settings.
Instead you just use the CDJ "SHORTCUT/MENU" option to change the deck number (as you would do on a stand alone system) to the desired value.
VirtualDJ should follow the changes immediately.

That's for HID via LINK since you have used that! :)

there was 4 CDJs, I have to turn all them off, unplug the lan cable, turn the first cdj on, assign the number 1... and keep doing this for all 4, plug the lan cable back on, and everything was fine. it save me so much time on preparing usb stick

Posted Fri 05 Jan 24 @ 9:20 pm
I haven't tried with 4 CDJ'S but IIRC it's possible and easy to change the deck numbers on CDJ'S while they are running without unplugging the LAN cable

Posted Sat 06 Jan 24 @ 11:21 am