Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Load VST Preset Automatically?
Just as the title states: Is there any way from within VirtualDJ to automatically load specific VST presets to effects slots that are automatically reloaded whenever I start VirtualDJ?

I have 3 instances of the same VST loaded in each of the three effect slots that I use (I made three copies of the VST3 file in order to do this), but whenever the VST loads I need to go to each instance in each slot and select the preset that I want for each and I'm hoping there's a script I could run within the ONINT activity to save myself 5 to 10 minutes minutes every time.

Bonus: Is there a way to load three separate instances of a VST3 file natively such that I don't have to have three copies sitting on my drive? I would think it would be possible as it already is across separate decks. I'm just not sure on how to do this within the same deck.

Posted Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 11:33 am
What's the VST?

The ability to select presets via mapping depends entirely on whether the VST allows that.

Some do. Some don't.

Posted Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 12:01 pm
The plugin is Turnado.

I am taking your answer as "no it is (likely) not possible," but more as a limitation on the VST than it being a missing feature of VirtualDJ. I'm guessing the way it could work is the preset would have to have an option to load my preset on start or change to it via MIDI if it were a supported VST function. Am I correct?

[Edit] I'm laughing right now because I posted this response and then went back to the user manual and I was already on the page saying this is possible under the section called "MIDI Program Change" Smh (at myself). Now just to figure out how to do this within VDJ.

Posted Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 8:55 pm
when i have vst s loaded in virtual in order to be able to use one preset i make it as my default preset (settings i want to use) so when it loads it calls this preset. i have no idea how to change presets though, yeah via midi is possible but dont know how either lol

Posted Sat 03 Feb 24 @ 11:37 am