Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Does VDJ have Emergency Internal mode?
djeliteHome userMember since 2023
"It prevents long tracks from stopping when you run out of vinyl or CD track. You can switch back to ABS or REL mode by lifting the needle and placing it in the lead-in of the control vinyl. It will take 1 second for ABS or REL mode to be re-activated. Internal mode will retain the tempo you had when in ABS or REL mode."

Posted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 2:53 pm

Posted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 3:05 pm
It doesn't state anything about Emergency Internal mode.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 3:13 pm
Well I guess it doesn't have it then.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 3:25 pm
The text you quoted was from Serato (I had to Google as you didn't mention that). It's unlikely to be called exactly the same thing in VirtualDJ.

The playing track will definitely carry on without a timecode signal, as it's possible to switch a single DVS signal between VDJ decks and DJ with one turntable.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 3:25 pm
@Groovindj: I included quotation marks in my previous message without specifying the source. However, I didn't consider it necessary as I was merely inquiring about a particular feature.

On multiple occasions, I have encountered situations where I've reached the limit of my vinyl record and the music abruptly ceases. Could you please guide me on how to activate this specific feature in "VDJ"? 🤷🏽‍♂️

By the way, what are your thoughts on the additional quotation marks? Just to clarify, the source of this information is myself. 😂

Posted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 3:34 pm
@Kradcliffe: Thank you for sharing the link I guess, although I already possess the manual, which is why I am seeking assistance here. Your response was as unhelpful as procrastination.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 3:36 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It should work automatically indeed, unless you use a cut off timecode that doesn't reach the end for some reason.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 3:38 pm
user28201569 wrote :
@Kradcliffe: Thank you for sharing the link I guess, although I already possess the manual, which is why I am seeking assistance here. Your response was as unhelpful as procrastination.

Thank you for your comments, however in future you could state you have already read the manual to stop people sending a link assuming you haven't.

Posting random comments doesn't tell support what investigation you have already done.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 3:39 pm
@Kradcliffe: I find it rather perplexing that you are blaming me for not informing you about reading the manual, when all I did was wait for your guidance. Merely sharing a link without any explanation or context does not qualify as providing technical support; it can be seen as a lack of effort or diligence.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 4:03 pm
user28201569 wrote :
@Kradcliffe: I find it rather perplexing that you are blaming me for not informing you about reading the manual, when all I did was wait for your guidance. Merely sharing a link without any explanation or context does not qualify as providing technical support; it can be seen as a lack of effort or diligence.

Look at Adion's reply
He is the CTO at Atomix, and has programmed a lot of the VirtualDJ product

Posted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 4:07 pm
@Klausmogensen Thank you for bringing that to my attention. The comments from others overshadowed it for me.

@Adion: Thank you for your reply. I am utilizing the standard timecode Serato vinyl (A-side), while the software is set to "smart mode."

The music continues playing but it stops and continues in a very noticeable way.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 4:31 pm
I know the emergency internal switchover works with VirtualDJ vinyl because I've experienced it recently while practicing (movement of the needle inwards works without pause of the track) but I don't think it worked when I tried it with Serato vinyl (I seemed to remember lifting needle when it reaches the end and the music stopped, but I could be wrong here).

It's been a while since I've used Serato vinyl...I'll try it later to see.

Posted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 6:06 pm
Just following up here...my initial comments are still true:

• VirtualDJ DVS Timecode's ending causes VirtualDJ to go into a temporary internal mode - you can pick up the needle and drop it anywhere inside and the song continues to play, with the software going back to Smart mode.
  • Serato DVS timecode's (CVO2.5) ending doesn't have that response - if you pick up the needle the music stops

You can switch off timecode_active anyways to move the needle (I have it as one of the custom pad mode buttons and I map that pad mode to every battle mixer I have/plan to use so it's right there whenI need it), so it isn't a big deal to workaround, but it could be unexpected behavior if you are coming from competitor software.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 23 @ 5:48 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you check in the VDJ options what vinyl time is shown when the Serato enters the endless loop?
I'm wondering if their newer vinyl is just a bit shorter compared to older ones or something like that

Posted Fri 22 Dec 23 @ 6:30 am
Sorry @Adion what is the name of the option I'm looking for? I can't seem to find a timecode option matching what you are asking for except the Lead-in time (which I thought controlled the beginning of record interpretation), and that is set to zero.

Posted Fri 22 Dec 23 @ 11:29 pm