Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Right Click and Hold on Play/Pause Button No Longer Removes A Song from the Turntable
I have always removed a song from the turntable by right clicking on the play/pause button and holding it down.

This no longer works... if the song was pause or stopped, when you right clicked, the song begins to play again.

Would appreciate your help... I am a beginner with VicturalDJ... using just the basic set up to record a radio program...

Posted Sat 09 Dec 23 @ 11:23 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Sat 09 Dec 23 @ 11:29 pm
Thanks for the reply, Logodog, but it didn't help... the way to remove a song has been in the past to hold down the Play/Pause Button for a few seconds and this would remove the song from the turntable.

They had an update recently... did this change the way to remove a song from the turntable?

It has worked fine for me for several months.

Posted Sun 10 Dec 23 @ 12:08 am
An eject button doesn't help?

Posted Sun 10 Dec 23 @ 12:16 am
It shows Jog Wheel Options when I highlight that button... no option to eject song.

I am not using the Pro version... using the free version... Default Starter interface.... maybe it doesn't have the eject mode.

Thanks for trying to help me... I am novice with VirtualDJ... also computer challenged, too.

What is strange is that it has worked fine for 2-3 months... something must have changed in the recent update.

I use the software to record a radio program... I just need to be able to start a song, remove it from the turntable and load up the next song.... can't do it with some way to remove the played song.

I have spent this afternoon seaching the internet to find out how to fix the problem.... so far no luck.... I skimmed through the entire manual, but I think it is the Pro Version... not the free version... the manual doesn't cover how to remove a song from the turntable.

Posted Sun 10 Dec 23 @ 12:40 am
It's the default:pro skin variation, and you have access to it.
Why do you need to unload?, just load the next track

Posted Sun 10 Dec 23 @ 12:46 am
Logodog, you have been a big help.

Stupid me... all I had to do was just load up the next song... I don't have to remove the one I just played.

I went to the Essentials and changed the Starter skin to Essentials and then to Pro... the eject button on on both of them.

I can also just load up the next song in the Starter mode and it replaces the song that last played.

Really appreciate your help... Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year..

Without your help, I would never have solved it... I had already decided to discontinue the radio program because I couldn't solve the problem... technology is really hard for me to handle... I get very frustrate with my ignorance... I am quick to give up on it.

I was a DJ for 32 years... retired 21 years ago... and just recently was asked to do a 2-hour program on Sunday afternoon... yeah, buddy, I'm old... 83 years old... but lovin' ever minute of being back on the air.

Thanks a bunch!

Posted Sun 10 Dec 23 @ 1:00 am