Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: latest update now cant find sound sourse on transition dropdown widow!
and everything rested to the new skin..the old menu to select old school skin ..where is it? the old menu to my skin files?...I'm on windows 7 btw..and dont want to hear crap about that lol.....from sound sourse i would select shaders main controller..this is not showing...

Posted Sat 02 Dec 23 @ 5:43 am
oh..and I'm using the 16 pad sample pluging..but that is not showing where to select pads 9-16...this is not good..

Posted Sat 02 Dec 23 @ 6:34 am
so..i find a workaround ..sound source is available in the new skin..so i can click open the main shader gui with that,....then change skin to vdj 801..but this is'nt the skin either..its the one named "old"...which is not showing on the selection,nor the tree of extensions?.....oh...i've found the freaking thing...y'all moved it and renamed it as "audio only" on the right tab...jeeez...

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 12:12 am
thetracker510 wrote :
and everything rested to the new skin..the old menu to select old school skin ..where is it? the old menu to my skin files?...I'm on windows 7 btw..and dont want to hear crap about that lol.....from sound sourse i would select shaders main controller..this is not showing...

This may inspire you

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 12:21 am
Oh god...this skin (the 801) is not following the 16 pad switch over...does not show pads 9 thru 16 tho im able to do it with the numark NV...GUYS ..Back to the drawing board..huh?

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 12:30 am
and yeah..i meant the "interfaces"....so why update if this is not compatible with the pads plugins?...back to the drawing board... lol..

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 12:34 am
ok..your video explains what to do.. but why not include the "old" interface..anyways..i will download and see if it works..

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 12:41 am
the old interface not there?....and the 16 pads wont show on skin...what else?

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 1:24 am
no joy...16 pads no more...I might have to look for the old installer in my downloads...

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 1:37 am
had to use the old intaller from 2021 ?!?!...now its fixed...why have a update that robs you of 2 cue/sample buttons and does not respond to the other plugins in the site?...first...make it a 8 hotkeys/cues with at least 2 banks,then check your coding ...and contact the other plugin developers to make sure the new layout is compatible...imao..strange that my system kept that layout,yet updated the shader gui to the new one..i now lost that..it shows shader names,not thumbnail pics...tho i like them both?...maybe that too should be fixed...that is..show a thumbnail and the name for the shaders...??

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 5:50 am
The 801 skin is the oldest one, so maybe not what you want. There were 2 mentioned if you want old skins

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 9:31 am

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 9:36 am
Ok..thanks...so far i used the installers that are still in my computer downloads ...vdj 2020 b6613..brought back the 8 buttons for hotcues and bank section...these are nowhere in the new update...i also have the installer for vdj2020 (2020 is all i can get since my Alienware 18 from 2013 is with windows 7 and for some reason wants to only instal vdj in 32 bit mode...yet when i install vst synths and effects it usually only install the 64 bit..I bought this used from some gal that didnt know a lot but managed to reset to that which i guess she got it like..when i got it i was in a hurry to set it up...not expecting fo the computer to give me problems...and it hasnt much..but its running virtual dj in 32 bit ?...anyways...my other alienware is a 17 and it did accept vdj 2021...anyways..i cant remember how i got the newer shader gui in this system but i imagine it was via updates..so now i need to know which build was the new shader gui with the thumbnails introduced?...so i can get that but not lose my 8 button pads with 9-16 selections...hope i didnt make it too complicated lol...should be a build between b6613 and b7032...?

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 11:03 am
man..just tried the downloads link ..nothing below b7032...cani update the shader engine only?...should i uninstall the shader plugin an reinstall? (after saving al my collection of 32 but shaders of course)...

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 11:12 am
I understand less and less
7032 is almost a year and a half old. That's a long time and more than enough to go back a build
Are you just struggeling with 32 bit vs 64 bit? You can just go grab the 32bit version if you prefer. That will work fine on a 64 bit laptop
There is no shader plugin as fas as I know. It's a native part of the VDJ software

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 5:10 pm
Sorry...just woke up...so...that is what I am downloading...the 32 bit version....so..I will trry other builds in a while..

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 9:57 pm
Aha!...fixed it...build b7759 (the previews version before the recent update )...fixed all....now like i sayd..why not admit there is a flaw in the newest update?...losing pads 9-16 (the 2nd bank of pads) is a big issue..and the controller to switch?...Im glad i didnt have to download 20 installers!...nonetheless thanks for refreshing my memory (that and my mourning coffee helped)...dev team has to look into this...

Posted Sun 03 Dec 23 @ 11:46 pm