Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ keeps changing the mixer mode on my Pioneer XDJ-RX3
djgooshHome userMember since 2010
Hey there,
I'm using Pioneer XDJ-RX3 and using the with the external mixer mode (XDJ-RX3 on the hardware itself)
problem is that when I exit virtual DJ the software changes the hardware mode to MIDI which is not good for me , especially if i open other software after I close virtual DJ.
It tried to change the controller settings on virtual dj options & tweaks to Hardware but still the same.
Also tried to add to the mapping ONINIT and ONEXIT - "mixer_mode external"..
still the same
any idea on how to fix it ?
thank you

Posted Sun 12 Nov 23 @ 4:05 pm
Possibly because you don't have a license.

A license is required to use VDJ with a controller, and a license is required to use external mixer mode.

Posted Sun 12 Nov 23 @ 4:35 pm
I don't have a license
i want to use it without a controller and with single soundcard
but it changes the mixer mode automatically without permission ..

Posted Sun 12 Nov 23 @ 9:25 pm
If you don't want to use a controller, why are you trying to use the RX3?

Unplug the RX3 and you won't be using a controller.

Posted Sun 12 Nov 23 @ 9:49 pm
But i use it as a soundcard.. like I do with DJM900NXS2 / XDJ-XZ / DJM900NXS etc.. I don't want virtual DJ to use any of the RX3 functions.. I even deleted all the mapping data and I use a blank one.

Posted Sun 12 Nov 23 @ 9:59 pm

Posted Sun 12 Nov 23 @ 11:02 pm
i guess you didn't read the thread at all .. i've done this
and still
when i exit software it goes from Hardware to MIDI
and like i've said - i don't want virtual dj to control RX3 at all. just to use it as a soundcard.. or even more - i want to use the computer soundcard and that virtual dj will completely ignore the controller but it doesn't happen.

Posted Sun 12 Nov 23 @ 11:54 pm
You don't understand. The mixer switch is something that happens by Pioneer drivers (when applications initialize or release XDJ-RX3 drivers)
You can try to set the device to "ignore" state in Mappers tab, but most likely it won't solve the issue.
You can also try (after setting the device to ignore) to use the WASAPI drivers instead of ASIO.
This MAY trick the Pioneer drivers to not do the change, but I haven't personally tried it.

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 12:26 am
but if it's the pioneer drivers why virtual dj doesn't change the state on startup ? only on exit ?

Posted Mon 13 Nov 23 @ 6:39 pm