Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: playlists, history and sampler gone
Hello. I had a gig this weekend and when I opened up virtual dj my history, my playlists and all my sampler functions were not available. I checked my virtual dj folder in my documents (Pc) and my palylists and history were still in there but were not loading on my virtual dj program. Also my smapler effects were not loading. When I clicked on sampler everything was blank. I used to have air horns, laughing, applause, etc. I had to redo all my playlists for the evening on the fly . Any idea how to get them back. As mentioned they are still showing in the folders (playlist and history anyways) but not loading.

The look of virtual dj was also different. It almost looked like a dumbed down version but I have a pro infiinty license.

Posted Wed 01 Nov 23 @ 3:17 pm
I figured out the history and playist issue. Those files and all other files were moved from my documents folder to a folder created in appdate local files. This happnened with a new version updated I am assuming but it caused me some stress. I have now been able to copy my old playlists and history that were stored on my documents virtual dj folder to the one on the appdata folders. I also downloaded a previous version (2 updates ago) and got my sampler back. Not sure if anyone else had this issue but I was in panic mode at the gig when all my playlists were missing.

Posted Wed 01 Nov 23 @ 4:30 pm
It's been known about for months now.

It shouldn't happen on an update though, just a new installation.

Posted Wed 01 Nov 23 @ 4:37 pm
russtfunk wrote :
I figured out the history and playist issue. Those files and all other files were moved from my documents folder to a folder created in appdate local files. This happnened with a new version updated I am assuming but it caused me some stress. I have now been able to copy my old playlists and history that were stored on my documents virtual dj folder to the one on the appdata folders. I also downloaded a previous version (2 updates ago) and got my sampler back. Not sure if anyone else had this issue but I was in panic mode at the gig when all my playlists were missing.

The new home folder location is the default for VDJ2023, but should only happen with a fresh install

Maybe watch these 2 videos for more info:

Posted Wed 01 Nov 23 @ 4:43 pm