Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual Dj and the Pioneer DDJ-REV5...
Although it stated the REV5 has been mapped there are features that are not working. Wondering if there'll be an update to the REV5 to address these issues. For example... Some of the effects (Echo) when using the paddle switches will not initiate. There are a few more as well. Also wondering do these issues exist on the REV7 or REV1? If there is an adjustment I can make to correct this please let me know. (I hate Serato and really don't care to use Rekordbox) VDJ is my home.

Posted Fri 27 Oct 23 @ 1:02 am
I recently bought a REV5 and I have the same issues, any updates?

Posted Sat 04 Nov 23 @ 4:24 pm
B3lphegor wrote :
I recently bought a REV5 and I have the same issues, any updates?

No updates as far as I can tell... The FX mapping issue is such a burden for me & I'm forced to use Rekordbox which I literally hate doing. I really hope they come up with a fix soon.

Posted Tue 07 Nov 23 @ 8:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 5:56 am
djdad wrote :
Can you provide more details please ?

Any chance the Effect that doesnt "work" is selected in some other FX slot as well ?
Please use the FX x6 view for Effects to check .. https://virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/decksadvanced/effects.html#pro

Can you copy the value (text) you have in the "effects" setting here ?

Okay... Checked all of the above was checked and still nothing. Did a thorough check of ALL effects and found on Deck #1 the basic "Echo" and the "Cut" effects don't work on any FX button however on Deck #2 none of the effects will launch properly. Regardless of what you change them to button #1 remains Echo, #2 stays on Cut and #3 stays on Distortion even though the display reflects the desired FX.

Posted Wed 08 Nov 23 @ 8:14 pm
Dj Eslic wrote :
djdad wrote :
Can you provide more details please ?

Any chance the Effect that doesnt "work" is selected in some other FX slot as well ?
Please use the FX x6 view for Effects to check .. https://virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/decksadvanced/effects.html#pro

Can you copy the value (text) you have in the "effects" setting here ?

Okay... All of the above was checked and still nothing. Did a thorough check of ALL effects and found on Deck #1 the basic "Echo" and the "Cut" effects don't work on any FX button however on Deck #2 none of the effects will launch properly. Regardless of what you change them to button #1 remains Echo, #2 stays on Cut and #3 stays on Distortion even though the display reflects the desired FX.

Posted Mon 20 Nov 23 @ 10:34 pm
Got mines to work if you need help let me know.

Posted Mon 29 Jan 24 @ 12:31 am
What was the solution? Thanks!

Posted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 2:13 pm
Any news how it got to work?

Posted Tue 05 Mar 24 @ 6:43 am
I'm having the same issue, I'm just looking for an easy out transition echo/reverb using ddj rev 5 , not keyboard HELP?

Posted Thu 18 Jul 24 @ 2:16 pm
I don't think there ever was an issue - just user errors

Posted Fri 19 Jul 24 @ 6:39 am