Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can not unfold (sub)folders with Pioneer Opus Quad
I was playing with the Opus Quad yesterday and since the display is so huge... I don;t need my laptop(screen) anymore. But.. In the VDJ explorer/folder view (on the left) I have a folder named "Week47" and within that folder are (only) subfolders by genre "pop" "hits" "new" etc.. The subfolders contain the audio files.
With the browse button on the Opus Quad I can click on "week47" but it will not fold out the subfolders and my browse screen stays empty. I have to use my laptop mouse to unfold the "week47" subfolders before I can use/see them with the Opus Quad browse button. Can I do something about this?

Also the "tag(list)" button does not send the selected file to the sidepanels to watch/use them later.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 11:35 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
maybe this is better
browser_window folders ? browser_folder : browser_enter

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 11:45 am
locodog wrote :
maybe this is better
browser_window folders ? browser_folder : browser_enter

Thanks for your help. Will try this tonight.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 11:46 am
1) The "BACK" button should work to open/close folders
2) Will check and maybe change the TAG TRACK button, so that holding shows/hides the info panel (current behavior) and simple push adds to sidelist.

The TAG (LIST) button does not send any MIDI command and cannot be used in software mode. Only in stand alone operation.
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/opusquad/layout/browser.html

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 12:30 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
1) The "BACK" button should work to open/close folders

Yep! Back button does fold and unfold the main folder. THX!

PhantomDeejay wrote :
2) Will check and maybe change the TAG TRACK button, so that holding shows/hides the info panel (current behavior) and simple push adds to sidelist.

That would be great if you ask me. If I can test this with any script let me know!

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 4:44 pm
Try this:
holding ? show_splitpanel 'info' : shift ? sidelist_add : playlist_add

Or if SHIFT doesn't seem to work for the above script one of the following depending on what you prefer
holding ? show_splitpanel 'info' : sidelist_add
holding ? show_splitpanel 'info' : playlist_add

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 5:13 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
question
with the button not being browser_enter, does it still work to confirm on drop downs like effect_select etc?

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 5:29 pm
I'm not sure it does. However the controller (and it's mapping) should not need this.
And still there are dedicated load buttons to load the tracks.

A "power user" that may need to use the scroll knob for other reasons as well, can always remap it.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 5:43 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Try this:
holding ? show_splitpanel 'info' : shift ? sidelist_add : playlist_add

Yes!! This works great! A single short push on the TAG TRACK button puts the selected song in the AUTOMIX list and holding TAG TRACK button for a second still enables and disabled the info panel!

Thank you very much!

Is it possible to add the song to the default "SIDELIST" instead of AUTOMIX list?

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 6:01 pm
Press SHIFT and then press shortly the button (TAG TRACK)

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 6:37 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Press SHIFT and then press shortly the button (TAG TRACK)

Ah the shift.. Yep, that did the trick.

I don't want to hijack the topic but:

"BEAT LOOP. Press this encoder down to activate an automatic loop. The amount of beats that will be used is shown on VirtualDJ GUI."

So it is correct I don't see the amount of beats in de Opus track display?

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 7:56 pm
Yes, it's correct.
It seems like a firmware bug.
I mean, the display has a section where loop size should be shown, but it's not accessible via HID.
It's not accessible from Serato or Rekordbox as well.
So, my estimation is that a future firmware update might address this. However for the moment it's not possible to show auto loop length on Opus display.
If a future firmware update addresses this, we will update definition and mapper to include it.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 8:12 pm
TAG button behavior has been changed for next update.
The behavior will be exactly the one discribed above.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 9:48 pm
Great update! Thank you for your time and effort.

Posted Fri 27 Oct 23 @ 4:57 pm