Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Cue function/settings questions etc using "focus" skin.
Halloween is busy for me i got 3 shows so far and hope to figure this out soon.

I had been using an old 7 skin i liked on 8 but it's time I use an 8 skin,
I'm using focus skin, I have looked at many 8 skins and it seems to fill my needs heck I think I will like it better than the 7 skin I was hooked on.

I do have a few settings, function questions that I guess are me being ignorant, so thanks for any help,
I also realize different skins have different features.

My main issue right now is on the old skin when I load a tune to a deck I hit play it starts playing, I get where I want to set my start cue I hit pause then cue and it sets my start cue at that point and Mark's it with a line and when I click cue from any point in the playing song it snaps back to that cue mark line and is paused ready for me to hit play.

However, on focus when I do that no marker line is placed and if song is playing and I hit cue it does snap to where I set start cue however it doesnt pause at that cue point it just plays from it,
How do I set it so it pauses at the cue point? Is that a skin setting or vdj setting?

Next question, does focus have a deck unload button on screen?

I'll go mess with it some more and deeply thank anyone for any help,
Cheers,
P

Posted Mon 23 Oct 23 @ 9:11 pm
Happy Halloween !

Question 1)
If you are referring to the Cue button (not hotcue) then there are 3 possible behaviors, only one allows for the the track to continue playing after quick press. That mode is CUP.
The other 2 modes CUE and CUH both return to the set cue point and stop, if track is playing.
See setting cueMode

Question 2)
I am not familar with that skin.. the VDJ Pro default skin does have an unload/load button, in the upper left corner of both decks on the skin.
If your skin does not have an UNLOAD button.. then you can easily create a custom button with the script
unload

for each deck to unload the track.
(or could be set to a keyboard, keystroke,in which case one would use deck left unload AND deck right unload for the key mappings)

Or if you want a LOAD/UNLOAD custom button:
loaded ? unload : load

to unload the deck if its loaded, OR to load the selected track if the deck is empty.

Posted Mon 23 Oct 23 @ 10:55 pm
Thanx, deejay,

The club I spin at has a ddj sx3 that I'm in love with but my home gear is old denon stuff I didnt open up so I tried my little dj to go controller and cue button does return to cue point with track paused, so I assume the sx3 will do that too, will know fri at club.

Since I posted this I figured out that the skin cue button makes track jump to cue but plays, the skin play button starts and stops the track,
However, the skin button stop returns the track to cue with track paused a bit odd in function to me but I'm good.

In the past i do use keyboard alt + left or right to unload a track, which I dont do too much but comes in handy when needed,
A screen skin button would be nice and I will check out what you suggested,

Many thanx.

Posted Tue 24 Oct 23 @ 6:28 am
I checked the Focus skin.. it does NOT have an UNLOAD button..

The choices are the 2 mentioned..
1) create the custom buttons (which become your unload buttons)
2) create, or use an already, mapped keyboard keystroke, to unload.
or
3) add the button yourself, or treat locodog or other skin creator to a beer.. for their awesome work..
(it is not difficult to add that button, to the skin)

UPDATE:
4) or get the Focus, skin's creator, DJ Dad, to add the unload button, with an update for the skin.

Posted Tue 24 Oct 23 @ 6:48 am
Many thanks all!

Deejay,
I would have no problem giving a person drink $$$ for tweaking a skin for me,
The more I play with "focus" the more I love it, the skin I was using "rusty " was also a djdad creation, that cat is a guru.

I'm old, lol I started to DJ in the 70s and it's been my career i call myself retired but i do resident 2 nights a week so yeah,
Point is with things like skins and tweaking them i like to leave it to the experts or at least someone who knows what they are doing so i dont risk causing some glitch that haunts me during a night. ( im very ocd )

About the "focus" skin, as I said more I use it more I like it,
But if I could get a version tweaked for me, the things that would be cool,

Little on skin buttons for desk unload.

If possible the little blocks that move with the wave forms across the top a hair bigger, just the blocks not waves.

And maybe at some point a "dark" version of the skin.

But again, the more I use it the more I like this skin, cant wait for this 3 days of halloween hootenannys to try it for real.

Thanx all!

Posted Tue 24 Oct 23 @ 5:31 pm
Heres something I forgot,
On focus when I set a cue point there is no marker line added to the waveform
Is that feature in the skin or vdj settings?

Posted Wed 25 Oct 23 @ 1:13 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
which wave, which cue type?

Posted Wed 25 Oct 23 @ 4:07 am
Locodog,

Normally when I set a start song cue point a little vertical line is placed on that songs waveform,
As you see in the pic no marker line, it will go back to the place I set it but I like to see it there like my old skin did.

Posted Wed 25 Oct 23 @ 10:37 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
take actual screenshots, phone camera photographs of a screen are embarrassing.
how to screenshot

old cue_button must have set hotcue 1, with v8 onwards cue_button is temporary but is marked in the scratch/rhythm (the top) wave. But the old behaviour could be wrote in.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 23 @ 5:21 am