Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: In which folder on Mac should I place the mp3 collection?
Hey guys, I have been having too many problems with VDJ since transferring the bud's mp3 collection and backup playlist file from his Windows 10 laptop to his 2017 MacBook Air running Monterrey.

So now I want to simply start fresh on his Mac. I have deleted the current version of VDJ, emptied the trash and restarted. I had put his mp3 collection in his Music/Media folder.

Can anyone tell me how to best go about this from scratch please starting with where exactly on the Mac should the mp3 collection go? This time I will want VDJ to run the Automix off of his hard drive so no playlists involved.

Posted Sun 15 Oct 23 @ 1:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Wherever you want, but the user's Music folder seems like an obvious good place to start :)

Posted Sun 15 Oct 23 @ 2:03 pm
I moved the collection from the Media folder to the Music folder. Problem is still with the Automix functions, when I drop any folder of music to the automix pane, the tracks are there but the auto mix icon which is usually located on top right of the auto mix pane disappears? The auto mix icon on the bottom of the auto mix section/pane stays lit [green color], any ideas please?

Posted Sun 15 Oct 23 @ 2:57 pm

Posted Sun 15 Oct 23 @ 3:25 pm
To clarify, when I right click on any folder from the hdd, the 'add to auto mix' option does not show as can be seen in this screenshot. So my only option is to drag the folder into the auto mix pane but whenever I do so, the tracks show in the auto mix pane but when I click on the auto mix icon on the bottom of that pane, the tracks disappears.

https://i.postimg.cc/7YdvGXnb/IMG-4493.jpg

Posted Sun 15 Oct 23 @ 3:51 pm
Sorry, the option on the right-click menu is indeed only there for playlists.
You can still select all files inside and drag the files to the automix though.

Posted Sun 15 Oct 23 @ 4:03 pm
Ohh I see.so my mistake was dragging the folders to the auto mix pane instead of first selecting all in the browser pane, thanks for helping. I’m away from the Mac for a few hours will confirm later when I get back

Posted Sun 15 Oct 23 @ 4:18 pm