Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ISSUES: Stems and Eq issues used at the same time on the same knob line
Hi people: i happily use Virtual DJ in very advanced mode, with 5 controllers at the same time, to control every kind of effects, samplers, loops etc....
I use stems 2.0, and, on my denon MC7000 (4 channels) i set stems on the internal knobs (channels 1,2), ad eq on esternal Knobs (chennels 3,4), in EZRemix mode
When, for example, i rotate clockwise the internal bass knob (ch 1 or 2), that means that drums play alone, if i rotate the external "Low" knob (ch 3 or 4) on the same deck, the stem playing (just drums) is resetted, and the song returns to play with all the stems, and this can be shit if you are playing in public....
So that, in EZremix mode, Eq "hi" affect vocal stem, Eq "mid" affect "instrument" stem, Eq "low" affect beat stem.
Glad if someone can help me!!!!

Posted Wed 11 Oct 23 @ 6:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Your approach is a bit weird, meaning that you have chosen the EZRemix (or other Stem EQ mode), but you still seek for the Frequency mode.
I could explain further, but since you are interested in having both (for some reason), what you can do is to remap your EQ knobs, to something like..
EQ_LOW :
action_deck 1 ? stem 'rhythm' : action_deck 2 ? stem 'rhythm' : action_deck 3 ? deck 1 eq_low : deck 2 eq_low

and have the Frequency (Disabled) EQ mode selected

Posted Thu 12 Oct 23 @ 2:13 am
I'm having the exact same issue and it only started after the last update.

Ch 1& 2 as my Frequency (inside) and CH 3 & 4 (outside) as my stems

Ch 3 - Beat is up (so only the beats can be heard when mixing in the track)
Ch 1 - Low EQ is turned down to not overpower the output
Ch 3 - Stem gets reset to 0 soon as the EQ knob is turned.

I don't want to disable the EQ functions as whats the point in having the feature and using it what its advertised for and having to backdoor to get it to work... just odd.

Might have to downgrade to the previous revision just to get it to work again, since its only started doing this since the latest patch came out.

Posted Sun 15 Oct 23 @ 1:56 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There was indeed a bug that caused this, an update will be available shortly

Posted Sun 15 Oct 23 @ 4:47 am
Adion wrote :
There was indeed a bug that caused this, an update will be available shortly

Perfect! Thanks for letting me know - I'm always using it so this is welcome news to me :D

Posted Sun 15 Oct 23 @ 12:53 pm