Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJScript to play between cues
I have a list of songs I would like to load into the automix. When I press a custom button, I would like it to start the automix and goto_cue 1 (which I can get working) and then play that song until it reaches cue 2 and then fade a few beats before moving to the next song at its cue 1 until the list is done or I turn off the button. I am wanting to use this during Money Dances, but I want to control where each song starts and stops. I feel this should be a lot easier than I'm finding it. Any ideas for me? Thanks!

Posted Thu 05 Oct 23 @ 7:04 am
metrixPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Not exactly what you're looking for, but possibly helpful

DennYo Beats wrote :
Auto Play der Titel aus der Songliste.
Zum Script:
Ist der Script aktiv, wird immer am Ende des Songs das nächste Lied aus der Songliste geladen und abgespielt.
markiert man in der Songliste ein anderes Lied, wird dieses als nächstes abgespielt. Dabei kann auch der Ordner gewechselt werden.
Ist man am Ende der Songliste angekommen, stoppt der Script und dioe Musik wird paussiert.

(repeat_start 'loadnextplay' ? blink : nothing ) &
( action_deck 1 ? deck 2 repeat_stop 'loadnextplay' & deck 3 repeat_stop 'loadnextplay' & deck 4 repeat_stop 'loadnextplay' ) &
( action_deck 2 ? deck 1 repeat_stop 'loadnextplay' & deck 3 repeat_stop 'loadnextplay' & deck 4 repeat_stop 'loadnextplay' ) &
( action_deck 3 ? deck 1 repeat_stop 'loadnextplay' & deck 2 repeat_stop 'loadnextplay' & deck 4 repeat_stop 'loadnextplay' ) &
( action_deck 4 ? deck 1 repeat_stop 'loadnextplay' & deck 2 repeat_stop 'loadnextplay' & deck 3 repeat_stop 'loadnextplay' ) &
( repeat_start 'loadnextplay' ? repeat_stop 'loadnextplay' : repeat_start 'loadnextplay' 100ms &
( songpos_remain 150ms ? browser_scroll 'bottom' ? param_equal `param_add "get_loaded_song 'title'" "get_loaded_song 'artist'"` `param_add "get_browsed_song 'title'" "get_browsed_song 'artist'"` ? repeat_stop 'loadnextplay' : nothing : nothing ) &
( songpos_remain 150ms ? param_equal `param_add "get_loaded_song 'title'" "get_loaded_song 'artist'"` `param_add "get_browsed_song 'title'" "get_browsed_song 'artist'"` ? pause & browser_window 'songs' & browser_scroll +1 & load & browser_scroll 0 & play : pause & browser_window 'songs' & load & browser_scroll 0 & play : nothing : nothing ) )

Posted Thu 05 Oct 23 @ 5:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The script above is not doing exactly what you asked, since it's not waiting/checking Hotcues 1 and 2 as you asked, plus i am not a fan of the repeat actions, especially if there is a bug in script that could keep it running all night.

You could define Automix POIs to your Tracks (Full Exit point and Full Start point in your case) https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/editors/poieditor.html#automixpoints
Then you can put the Tracks to Automix, select Type (Fade Out/Cut In i guess) and Length (in seconds), and then all you need to do is Start Automix.

Posted Thu 05 Oct 23 @ 10:18 pm
Thank you to both.

I'm not really sure what the first suggestion is doing. When I copy and paste that into my button, it doesn't seem to do anything.

I could do the second suggestion, however, I think that would happen ANY time I wanted to play that particular song and most of the time I'd want to play the entire song.

I'll continue to play around with both of them a little bit to see what I can get to work. I'm really just getting started with scripting.

Posted Fri 06 Oct 23 @ 6:22 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Sounds like you need to make your own automix.
It can be done, you just don't use automix at all

lots of fine details to work out, like must use 2 decks, can't use automix auto remove played
but something like this, load up the automix sidelist with tracks, just don't turn automix on

custom_button to start it
var $myAutomix 1 ? on & set $myAutomix 0 : off & set $myAutomix 1 & browser_window automix & browser_scroll top & load & goto_cue 1 & browser_remove & play & action_deck 1 ? deck 2 load & goto_cue 1 & browser_remove : deck 1 load & goto_cue 1 & browser_remove

cue 1 is normal, just place it

action_cue 2
var $myAutomix 0 ? nothing : mix_now & repeat_start myAutomix 10000ms 1 & pause & browser_window automix & browser_scroll top & load & goto_cue 1 & browser_remove

to set and create action cue 2 without all that typing, on a custom_button

set_cue 2 & cue_action 2 "var $myAutomix 0 ? nothing : mix_now & repeat_start myAutomix 10000ms 1 & pause & browser_window automix & browser_scroll top & load & goto_cue 1 & browser_remove"

there might be more to it to get it exactly right, but it's this in principle.
if there's more that needs working out you can PM me

Posted Fri 06 Oct 23 @ 8:48 pm