Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How do I set the software to run in mono?
I'm lost. I searched for an answer and just didn't understand what I found. I simply want to configure VDJ to provide a mono output rather than stereo output. I'm running the most recent version of VDJ - v2023 b7651.

If necessary, here's more detail regarding what I want to do. I have an upcoming event where it will simply be tremendously easier to run things in mono rather than stereo. My Soundcraft mixer has a summed mono output, but I'll need to run sound in two separate rooms at different volumes. I'd like to configure VDJ to send a summed mono output out of both L/R outputs of my controller. Left mono out from my controller will go into a mono channel 1 on my mixer, and right mono out from my controller will go into mono channel 2 on my mixer. I'll pan channel 1 hard left and channel 2 hard right. I'll then use the slider on channel 1 to control the volume in room 1, and the slider on channel 2 to control the volume in room 2. I can't send L/R mono out from my controller to a stereo channel on my mixer because my mixer doesn't have separate L/R master output faders. If only L or R on my controller can be set for a summed mono output, I can make that work too. I just can't find a box to check in VDJ to switch from stereo to mono.

Thank you.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 23 @ 8:01 pm
jgthatsme wrote :
just didn't understand what I found

What did you find?

Just use the action mono_mix on a custom button.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 23 @ 8:15 pm
Someone posted something about running a script in VDJ. No idea how to do that. I found instructions for an older version of VDJ. It seemed as though there was simply a stereo/mono box to check/uncheck. Can't find anything like that in the new version.

Posted Wed 04 Oct 23 @ 1:30 am
The above script gives you the simple button that switches between stereo and mono
It's the same script that is used in the mapping for hardware that has a physical stereo/mono toggle button

Posted Wed 04 Oct 23 @ 6:55 am

Posted Sun 08 Oct 23 @ 5:01 am