Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Tidal removing stem usage. - Page: 2
soenPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
+1 This sucks

Just opened VirtualDJ now to finish a podcast that is due out today, and realise all of the temp tracks I used from tidal (before I purchase them to create my final to-air) are no longer mixable using stems. Somewhat ironically, I only joined Tidal last week in order to use them to build temporary mixes before purchasing tracks; by them removing stems, they've basically just removed themselves from my workflow 100%.

Will be cancelling and moving to another service; I wouldn't have minded if Tidal had another tier ready-to-go, and I could easily switch to that, but they've literally left me and lots of others without an option. Have they been taking commercial tips from Unity or something?

I believe also changing the features of a contract halfway through a subscription may be a violation of consumer rights.

Others are reporting Deezer still works. Happy to throw money their way so long as their terms stay the same.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 2:37 pm
soenPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
Well, that's nice too. Deezer looks to be the same quality as Tidal (up to lossless flac) and is 15% off for the first six months - Making it half the price of TIDAL, but retains STEM generation.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 2:52 pm
user25137669 wrote :

yes, the interesting part is not really Tidal
It's what caused Tidal to make that move

If it's the record companies, I guess it will happen in Deezer and Beatsource too

I've posted in Digital DJ tips FB group and tried to get the question to Mojaxx from Beatsource and Crossfader through Youtube, to see if anybody knows more

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 3:19 pm
Thanks so much Klaus for working on getting more info about what is happening,
(and maybe future expectations)

And maybe, the rational for the changes, from a source.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 4:57 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
...But for now it works ok for me in latest Early Access release

I hope you get to keep it… it may have not rolled into your area yet.

Posted Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 10:51 pm
livePRO InfinityMember since 2022
would this be the reason the auto mix feature on VDJ has stopped working on the latest update of the software ?

Posted Mon 02 Oct 23 @ 12:14 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
no, automix works fine here so it must be something local to you.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 23 @ 12:30 am
Newbie here! I just found out about the stems being disabled, how do I continue mixing with stems in offline mode? Would love the forum’s advice on this

Posted Sat 21 Oct 23 @ 7:30 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
don't use tidal, that's all there is to it.

Posted Sat 21 Oct 23 @ 7:48 pm
Interesting development, but got an emailed survey from Tidal this morning with lots of questions about DJ stuff and STEMS separation. If you guys see this, make sure you let them know we want it back.

Posted Mon 06 Nov 23 @ 2:23 pm