Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Remix decks video demo
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

I had the idea to use scratchbanks to make remix decks.
I had a previous effort before scratchbanks but it was a mess.
[this is still pretty busy] scratch banks slims it down to a mere 8 extra decks.
This effort was about a 1/2 day skinning and a day working out the script.
[not mentioning the time worked on the script for previous iterations]

The script running it is scary to look at, (about a megabyte, no big deal XD ) but that's all hidden away, and it's just about mappable if you have a launchpad and a bank of 16 dials [I have both!]
Thinking about crossfader bypass buttons, and maybe reinstating the missing upfaders on the mixer but have them linked to simpleVolume plugin for the extra decks each side.

This might actually be my first released skin, if atomix accepts it. [I don't make skins, I make things, this thing needed a skin.

Feedback, thoughts questions, want to test, ask here.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 4:30 pm
This is mind blowing, completely awesome; Remix Decks on VDJ.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 7:47 pm
it took me a while, 3 or 4 attempts over as many years but I think this is proper, it actually looks right, I even coloured the lines in.

The painful bit is making the banks, I went here for some to get started
https://soundpacks.com/
put the sample on deck, check the grid, stick a saved loop on it, make it an automatic loop, drop it in the bank [drag & drop on to a scratchbank padpage], do that 8 times, open the bank to edit, set the banks to start from the saved loops, quick name edit. can be 5 minutes a bank but some samples can be annoying and need more work. one shot SoundFx especially [they don't have a bpm, but everything needs a bpm in this]

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 9:56 pm
*cries* there are some evil people making sample loops out there, perfect 125 bpm but the sample starts on the 8, what sort of monster does that?
[monsters who want to sell their non-fubar sample packs]

I can script round that.

Working with this just shows me how much a fool's errand applying fx to mastered tracks is, sure little bits here and there, or extremes if you can get away with being extreme [but the point is being extreme]

but working these loop packs (I was going to say "is like", it's not like it...) is a multitrack, 2 beats of a guitar lick in isolation and all the fx I wasn't really bothered about really make a difference and really transform the sound coherently.

Posted Fri 29 Sep 23 @ 12:11 am
I really admire your determination. That is why your are so good in what you do.

Posted Mon 02 Oct 23 @ 11:15 am