Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Using Button 1 for "Quick Mix" Mode : If true than all my songs become Quick Edits.
rpradoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi, I'm newbie for scripting, just got an idea for Quick Mix "mode". Maybe this is very easy.

I'm lazy nowadays, I do less quick edits instead I rely on VDJ's goto_cue function as Quick Edits version of the songs.
ex. Cue point 20's Action: goto_cue 21

However, in real life situation, sometimes I would not want to 'Jump' cue points and stay as full version of the song.

I am thinking if I can use button 1 for "Quick Mix" mode.

If button_1 not pressed : All "goto_cue" don't jump so the songs are full length version.
If button_1 is pressed : All "goto_cue" will be active and jump so the songs becomes Quick Edits.
ex. Cue point 20's Action: If button_1 pressed is true than goto_cue 21 else continue (do nothing)

Thanks

Best Regards,
Richard

P.S. original idea was asking for a global variable,
"Is there global variable that I can use as a Flag for Quick Mix: If true than all my songs become Quick Edits."
If this is also possible please let me know also. Many thanks.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 23 @ 9:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You will need to edit all of your POI actions .. from goto_cue 21 to var '$jumpOff' ? nothing : goto_cue 21
Then have a skin/controller/keyboard button mapped as .. toggle '$jumpOff' to toggle the $jumpOff variable and turn the "Jump" mode on/off.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 23 @ 11:17 am
rpradoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
djdad wrote :
You will need to edit all of your POI actions .. from goto_cue 21 to var '$jumpOff' ? nothing : goto_cue 21
Then have a skin/controller/keyboard button mapped as .. toggle '$jumpOff' to toggle the $jumpOff variable and turn the "Jump" mode on/off.

Dear DJDAD,
Thank you very much, it works like a breeze!

Now I can play the songs first and then decide according to the situation if they would be quick edit or not!
Wow, so convenient!

Thanks again!

Best Regards,
Richard

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 5:27 am
djdad wrote :

How can I make this the opposite? instead of turning off the goto_cue jump; the default would be off and I toggle the varialbe on, so it makes the jump.

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 2:09 pm
Ignore my question.

I got it.. I remember it from one of Locodogs scripts. Just change the ? for a !? and it works the opposite.

This software is so awesome!

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 2:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Just for completenesses sake for future readers, yep

a script way with !? a query like this reverses the replies, it's like asking "not true"

or query the var to be zero instead of 1 '$jumpOff' 0 ? nothing : goto_cue 21

or place the replies in reverse order :p,

Posted Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 2:27 pm