Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Lost mic signal for record/broadcast - Page: 2
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Happy to hear your mic is working as you would like, once again. Hi5 !

Now is a good time to determine exactly what caused the mic issue, so one can once again update to the latest, always incredible, new versions of VDJ as they are released.

Note:
Many have updated VDJ, using the DDJ 1000 and have NO mic issues.
Its always harder to determine solutions in situations for one particular unique setup (configurations of, hardware, cables, all software and the OS)

I agree knowing what the issue was would be extremely helpful especially if it happens again or others have a similar issue

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 11:56 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I assume you have went back to your Audio setup with a "mic" input on channels 11,12 (or perhaps to 1,2 which is even worse)
Not sure how it works for you, but keep in mind that this input carries both Microphone AND your Mix, so unless you put your Decks volumes down you will get the Decks/Master output signal "doubled".

As for the screenshot of a skin showing the lost Mic controls, i really dont understand why you still need these on the skin since you have all the Mic controls on the DDJ-1000, and as per the manual, these are hardware !
So, if you have the MIC Volume on the DDJ-1000 at zero, no matter what you have the software Mic volume set to, you wont get any sound from Microphone

PS. The user's solution is definitely not correct and not useful to any other users and advised not to follow

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 3:01 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Happy to hear your mic is working as you would like, once again. Hi5 !

Now is a good time to determine exactly what caused the mic issue, so one can once again update to the latest, always incredible, new versions of VDJ as they are released.

Note:
Many have updated VDJ, using the DDJ 1000 and have NO mic issues.
Its always harder to determine solutions in situations for one particular unique setup (configurations of, hardware, cables, all software and the OS)

djdad wrote :
I assume you have went back to your Audio setup with a "mic" input on channels 11,12 (or perhaps to 1,2 which is even worse)
Not sure how it works for you, but keep in mind that this input carries both Microphone AND your Mix, so unless you put your Decks volumes down you will get the Decks/Master output signal "doubled".

As for the screenshot of a skin showing the lost Mic controls, i really dont understand why you still need these on the skin since you have all the Mic controls on the DDJ-1000, and as per the manual, these are hardware !
So, if you have the MIC Volume on the DDJ-1000 at zero, no matter what you have the software Mic volume set to, you wont get any sound from Microphone

PS. The user's solution is definitely not correct and not useful to any other users and advised not to follow

I not only lost mic controls in the skin but had no mic output at all, it just wouldn't work even though switched on on the controller.

All very strange to be honest and don't know why it doesn't work for me as per the manual.

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 4:49 pm