Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: History text file is saving correctly.
Title should say NOT saving correctly.

I don't do many gigs now as I'm in semi-retirement. Last night I had a 40th birthday party which was tremendous. The organiser and attendees wanted a tracklist of what was played. I've just been checking the history in Documents/virtualdj/history and have found that where normally there would be a tracklist.txt file with everything played by date/event would be listed in a single file which could be copied and printed. I have found that every single tune played has a tracklist.txt with consecutive numbers. In the History folder, these numbered text files go back to December 2022, so, it's not something new, it's been happening all this year. I haven't noticed it until now because I haven't been gigging I had the history disabled so as not to affect the play count etc.

The History folder in VirtualDJ does work correctly in showing the playlist in the browser with the time it was played.

It seems to have started on the 30th of December 2022 with 'tracklist 2.txt' and has been consecutive numbers of everything played since then in separate txt files for every tune..

Last hour of last night's gig;

My Systems Specs;
Main - M1 MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2022), Apple Silicon M1 Pro, 16gb, 500 gb SSD, macOS Ventura 13.5.2, VirtualDJ EA v2023-m b7651.

Backup - MacBook Pro 15-inch 2018 (Touch Bar), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16gb 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Memory, Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB, Intel HD Graphics 630 n1536 MB, macOS Ventura 13.5.2, 500gb SSD. NTFS for Windows installed. VirtualDJ EA v2023-i b7651.

+ Bootcamped with Windows 10 Pro Vers. 22H2 x64bit. VirtualDJ EA v2023-i b7651.

External WD Passport Ultra 2tb HD formatted ExFat containing Music & Video databases.

Controllers - Denon MC7000, Denon MC6000 Mk2.
***New addition*** Numark Mixstream Pro Go, engine dj 3.2.0

Posted Sat 09 Sep 23 @ 8:55 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Is your VirtualDJ folder backed up using iCloud perhaps?
iCloud typically creates these kind of duplicates if it couldn't synchronize changes (perhaps because it was opened on 2 different computers)

Posted Sat 09 Sep 23 @ 8:58 am
No, not to my knowledge.

I've just checked and Apps synced with iCloud and VirtualDJ is not listed.

Oh, and I've been using my M1 MBP exclusively since purchase in June 2022.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 23 @ 9:14 am
If your VirtualDJ folder is in your Documents folder, and your Documents folder is synced with iCloud then the VirtualDJ folder would be synced automatically as well.
VirtualDJ itself doesn't create numbered files for the tracklist, and it is something that iCloud is known to do, so not sure what else it might be.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 23 @ 10:54 am
Yes, the Desktop & Documents Folder are set to synchronise.

I have never had this problem before, I have VDJ History files going back to 2008.

How do I fix this assuming it can be fixed? Disable the synchronisation or move the Home folder to the new default location.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 23 @ 12:56 pm
It might be possible to exclude just a single folder, but not sure how that is done.
Alternatively indeed moving to the new location for VirtualDJ settings is another option. Simply renaming the VirtualDJ folder should be enough to make VirtualDJ create the new location, after that you can move the old settings in there.

As to why iCloud starts doing this exactly I'm not sure.
I guess you could try to rename the original tracklist.txt so that it can be created fresh and hopefully iCloud can sync it correctly again.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 23 @ 1:01 pm
Is this just an Apple thing or PC too?

Posted Sat 09 Sep 23 @ 1:04 pm
I don't think iCloud works on pc.
I think similar problems are possible with OneDrive, Google Drive or Dropbox, but I think at least OneDrive just pops up a notification if there is a sync issue rather than just making numbered copies.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 23 @ 1:50 pm
Apparently, iCloud can be accessed via PC, probably to edit.

I have been able to bring up the date in VirtualDJ with the playlist recorded intact including the playtime. Then export the browser display to an HTML file. Bit of a pain to do, I've also switched on the output History set to my account on the website, I've always had it switched off.

I have a gig tonight and not sure if there is anything I can change. Last night I logged my computer to my phone hotspot as there was no Wi-Fi signal, I have the same at tonights gig. Dunno if that affects anything. Just for Tidal, never used it though.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 23 @ 2:02 pm
Well that was a strange one, at home just checking the History after my gig and VDJ has written it as it should. 🤷‍♂️
I had the Write History = yes and the Send History = yes
VDJ has not created a playlist on the website in my profile, but it has created a text file in Documents as it should.

Oops! Just checked again and the playlist is now on my profile on the website. 😊

VirtualDJ History 2023/09/09
------------------------------
21:00 : Fragmas Fine - Mary J Blige vs. Fragma
21:04 : Snoop Dogg - Sweat
21:07 : Jonestown - Sweet Thang
21:10 : Kings of Tomorrow Feat Julie McKnight - Finally (Original Album Version)
21:15 : Ike & Tina Turner - Proud Mary
21:20 : Wham - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
21:24 : Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
21:27 : Donna Summer - This Time I Know It's for Real
21:30 : Luther Vandross - Never Too Much 10
21:34 : Peggy Gou - (It Goes Like) Nanana (Extended Mix)
21:37 : David Guetta, Anne-Marie, Coi Leray - What Is Love
21:39 : Rihanna f.Calvin Harris - We Found Love (Promo Only Intro Edit)
21:43 : Candi Staton - Young Hearts Run Free
21:46 : Earth, Wind & Fire - September
21:50 : Erasure - A Little Respect
21:53 : Communards - Don't Leave Me This Way
21:57 : Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
22:00 : Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
22:04 : Michael Mind - Show Me Love
22:07 : Gala - Freed From Desire
22:11 : N-Trance - Set You Free
22:14 : Alice DeeJay - Better Off Alone
22:18 : Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
22:22 : Calvin Harris & Ellie Goulding - Miracle
22:25 : Joel Corry, MNEK - Head & Heart
22:29 : Bryan Adams - Summer of '69
22:32 : Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
22:35 : Free - All Right Now
22:39 : Bon Jovi - It's My Life
22:43 : Jam - Town Called Malice
22:46 : Deacon Blue - Real Gone Kid
22:49 : Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
22:52 : Kevin & Perry Go Large - All I Wanna Do Is Do It
22:54 : William Orbit - Barber's Adagio For Strings (Ferry Corsten Mix)
22:57 : Interactive - Forever Young 2001
22:59 : Paradise - See The Light
23:02 : Corona - Rhythm Of The Night
23:05 : N&K vs. Denis the Menace feat. Alex Prince - Cruising (Beachballin' Again) (Denis the Menace radio edit)
23:09 : The Bucketheads - The Bomb! (These Sounds Fall Into My Mind)
23:11 : Shades Of Rhythm - Sound Of Eden
23:14 : Faithless - Insomnia (Original Radio Edit)
23:17 : UD Project - Summer Jam
23:21 : Reflekt ft Delline Bass - Need To Feel Loved
23:24 : Justin Timberlake - Señorita
23:27 : Craig David - 7 Days

Posted Sun 10 Sep 23 @ 2:43 am
I've been checking this list on my profile and found a number of these are either not playing from a press of the play button or they are playing a different song or a different mix of the song. I've also created a cloudlist, going off to check that too. I notice it shows up in Cloudlists rather than Charts, that's fine. Never used these facilities on the site before, I've only been here since 2007. 🤣

Posted Sun 10 Sep 23 @ 8:14 am