Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Action Cues
So on some older, longer songs, I've set up some hot cues as Action Cues to advance in the song some to automatically make them shorter. Not often, but occasionally, it might be nice to abort the action cues and just let the song run without the actions I've established, which is always to jump ahead.

After a song is playing is there a way... a key combo perhaps... that would temporarily make VDJ disregard the upcoming action for a cue. I wouldn't want this change to be permanent, just while it is playing currently.,

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 8:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
make the actions conditional
example APOI
var $ignorePOI 0 ? goto +64 : nothing

and your button to toggle this condition
toggle $ignorePOI

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 8:23 pm
Wow!
That worked perfectly! I'm no good at scripting, but you gave me the answer, and I was able to figure out the rest. I set up a custom button for the toggle and it worked just as expected.

Is there a way to write the toggle script so it tuns OFF when the next track is loaded? I did look under the Categories and Actions, but didn't see anything that might apply.

Posted Thu 31 Aug 23 @ 8:25 am
check the keyboard mapping, it has a key called "onSongLoad"
there you could add this script

set $ignorePOI 0

Posted Thu 31 Aug 23 @ 8:33 am
Very interesting, I was always wishing for something like that; ignore the POI actions with a custom button. I didn't know how to formulate the question... language limitation.

Then when Denn Yo came up with his skins with the jump actions I just gave up on the Idea of the script for ignoring the POI actions.

But is still nice to know there is a way.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 23 @ 2:40 pm
it's not really ignoring the action poi, it's writing them in a way so they do nothing under certain conditions.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 23 @ 2:49 pm
locodog wrote :
it's not really ignoring the action poi, it's writing them in a way so they do nothing under certain conditions.

Roger That

Posted Fri 01 Sep 23 @ 3:46 pm
On my skins the Jump function is the same procedure.

when you click on a JUMP CUE, it set an POI ACTION with this script.

var_equal '@%cueaction20' 1 ? goto_cue 102 : nothing

the second CUE ist only a CUE (102, 104, 106 or 108)

Posted Fri 01 Sep 23 @ 3:46 pm