Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: sound issue when using Yamaha MG12xu usb option.
I've been wanting to use the USB option on my yamaha mixer. When I hooked it up via computer to sound board, pushed the usb button, allowed computer time to install new device (Yamaha MG12xu) it sounded great for about 2 mins. Then a sound as it something was shorting out (very staticy) This terrible sound lasted about 15 seconds and then disappeared. It returned about 3 mins later. We were running a karaoke show and decided to play it safe and used the external sound card we have used for months.
Here is my question. When setting up Audio, I selected for Master , MG usb (the yamaha MG12xu) I then selected Headphones and the same MG usb (yamaha MG12XU) I'm wondering if I unknowingly created a conflict . I'd like to be able to use the yamaha sound card as I have heard good things.
Many thanks for your advice and suggestions. Michael Hawkins DJ older than dirt haha.

Posted Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 1:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I guess Master and Headphones were on separate audio channels in VirtualDJ Audio setup ?

Never had the chance to use it, it appears to be a USB Audio Class compliant, but i see a Windows driver available to install here.. https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/proaudio/mixers/mg_series_xu_model/downloads.html
Not sure if that helps though.

I would also try to set the computer's built-in sound card as the Windows default Playback device (instead of the Yamaha) to prevent OS trying to send system or other sounds to it.

Posted Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 9:41 pm

Posted Tue 29 Aug 23 @ 5:22 am
@DjKlauski.
That video link doesn't help.
This isn't and issue of quiet recording back to the computer.
This is an issue of the mixer out putting static noise every few minutes.

I have had the same issue and have tried several new laptops. One was even the same make (and acer nitro) though newer model, as the old one I currently have, And my old one doesn't have this noise issue, but the new one did.

The only current solution I found was to chain my focus right 2i2 scarlet between the laptop and the mixer.

Not ideal as it's extra setup and an extra audio filter between laptop and speakers.

A permanent solution so that I didn't have to use the scarlet would be great.

Posted Fri 19 Jul 24 @ 10:35 am
SnowDragon4012 wrote :

the mixer

What mixer? The thread is about the Yamaha MG12XU. Is that what you're using?

If not, please give details.

Posted Fri 19 Jul 24 @ 1:33 pm
First I would like to thank all that commented. My problem is with a Yamaha MGX12 using the usb output from the computer to the input on the back of the Yamaha Mixing board. It's an 12 channel sound board not a DJ mixer, if that makes sense. I was told that the Yamaha MGX12 console had a good built in USB soundcard that could be used from the computer. The Buzz isn't acceptable. Thanks again. Michael
I use this to run Karaoke shows.

Posted 18 hours ago