Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: CDJ Export Date Added Incorrect
adamPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
VirtualDJ Team,

Appreciate the feature to import the "Date Added" from iTunes/Rekordbox, but there's an inconsistency when exporting tracks to USB. The "Date Added" reflects the USB update date, not the original addition date.

This misalignment has created challenges, especially:

1. When VDJ crashes or there are usb connection issues and I need immediate access to my organized library on CDJ, or more often:
2. When setting up in a rush, and I need to find the latest tracks quickly.
3. During breakdowns, when I'm packing up and need to play something off USB.

It seems like a minor tweak could align the "Date Added" with the original addition date, rather than the USB update date.

Thanks for your help,
Adam

Posted Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 11:37 am
Hey VDJ Team, just a follow up.

I love the feature where 'Date Added' comes from iTunes/Rekordbox. But when I export to USB, it shows the date I updated the USB, not when I first added the song. This is messing me up in a few ways:

1. If VDJ crashes or I have USB issues, I can't find my tracks quickly on CDJ.
1. Same problem when I'm setting up in a rush.
2. When I'm wrapping up and just want to play something off the USB. Any chance you can sync the 'Date Added' to the original date? Thanks for your help, Adam"

Posted Sun 27 Aug 23 @ 3:29 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Date Added in CDJ export should match the First Seen column in VirtualDJ.

Posted Sun 27 Aug 23 @ 5:42 am

Posted Sat 02 Sep 23 @ 3:59 pm
In the video, it arranges alphabetically because the Date Added is the same date (date of export I think). Any idea on how to fix?

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 10:38 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Did you re-create your Playlists to get the First Seen date ?
Do the Tracks of your Playlist happen to have the same First Seen Date in VirtualDJ ?

Posted Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 3:20 pm
I've got 'First Seen' dates going back to 2006, but they're all showing up as blank when exported to USB, as demonstrated in the earlier video.

The purpose of using CDJ's 'Date Added' is to quickly access the most recent additions to the library, which should correspond to VDJ's 'First Seen.' They can cross check this with the manufacurer's software and hardware manuals themselves.

This seems like a straightforward issue that needs attention. I believe it would be beneficial for the tech team to physically verify things like this in a real-world setting. This will ensure it meets the needs of professional and regular DJs.

It appears that VDJ has incorrectly mapped, perhaps 'File Date' to 'Date Added' on the CDJ, which is why it's coming up as blank. The solution seems simple: map VDJ's 'First Seen' to CDJ's 'Date Added.'

Mapping it to 'Loaded On,' 'File Date,' or 'Year' doesn't serve the purpose well for several reasons:
'Loaded On' is irrelevant as it only indicates when the track was last played, not when it was added to the library.
'File Date' is unreliable because it can change when files are moved or restored from backups.
'Year' is not useful for DJs who may have new remixes of old songs; these tracks could be misclassified and hard to locate quickly.
For these reasons, mapping VDJ's 'First Seen' to CDJ's 'Date Added' would be the most logical and useful solution.

See attached screenshot for reference.

While I appreciate the community support, it's becoming quite time-consuming to troubleshoot these issues in the forums just to get the software running as expected. I'm sure we all would prefer to focus on DJing rather than troubleshooting. I believe it would be beneficial for the tech team to physically verify things like this in a real-world setting to ensure it meets the needs of professional and regular DJs. If that can't be done, offer bug bounties to trusted professionals to will help to get it working normally.

Or they could physically walk over to a CDJ and test the issue.

Posted Fri 06 Oct 23 @ 3:24 am

Posted Fri 06 Oct 23 @ 3:28 am
Btw, in your first post you mentioned that Date Added reflects the date when the file was added to the usb, but in the video you showed it seems like the date added is simply empty and not there at all.
Did you actually see the (incorrect) date added anywhere, or are they all empty?

Posted Fri 06 Oct 23 @ 5:32 am
Adion, I can't remember it was so long ago. It's definitely incorrect (it seems to be empty everywhere), which doesn't reflect what's in VirtualDJ. The problem persists. Can you have a look at what is mapped to the Date Added feature on the CDJ?

I am revisitng this because VDJ consistently crashes (even after a clean OS install) forcing me off of the software for the time being. Separate issue raised.
I can't speak for other brands, but considering Pioneer's sheer dominance of the market (https://www.digitaldjtips.com/here-are-the-results-from-our-2023-census-the-biggest-dj-survey-in-the-world/), I'd assume the team would have one available, even if it isn't the newest one.

I've gone out of my way to upload videos and screen shots, although the question remains unanswered: has anyone had the opportunity to verify this on a CDJ?

Posted Sun 21 Jan 24 @ 1:33 am
Vdj writes first seen date to the field, but will try to check on cdj soon

Posted Sun 21 Jan 24 @ 6:40 am
Thanks Adion, any luck?

Posted Tue 12 Mar 24 @ 1:41 am