Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Why is the VirtualDJ folder in the Documents folder (for Windows 10) so large on my system (1.4 GB)?
I was backing up my VirtualDJ folder from the standard Documents folder on Windows 10 and noticed it was 1.4 GB. Out of curiosity, I opened each sub-folder and most items are small XML or jpg files for cover art. I can "see" Windows hidden files as well (I have the option to hide those files turned off), so I should be able to spot anything big. From what I could roughly estimate, though, it looks like maybe 50 MB total for everything. Why the huge discrepancy? What is taking up all that extra file space?

Posted Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 2:00 am
The Documents/Virtual DJ folder (or other places it could be located, found by clicking the gear lower right corner in Options) has the Mappers, Skins, Pads, History, Devices, the database for that drive.. etc

My Virtual DJ folder is 14.2 GB. of which the "Cache" subfolder folder is 6.0 GB.

Hope some reference and what is stored there helps.
Your disk usage is NOT excessive.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 2:29 am
Mine is about 1.4 gb, and more than half of that are video samples (in the sampler sub folder), so that could be another reason

Posted Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 9:10 am
The cover art takes up most of that space in my case.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 23 @ 12:08 pm