Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pre Listen not working on Hercules 4-mx after 06/2023 update.
randerhHome userMember since 2016
Guys, how are you?
I know this has been discussed before but this is a new situation.
I've been using the Hércules 4-mx controller for many years and I've never had a problem, however, after updating to the 06/2023 driver, the pre-listening no longer works. Does anyone still use this controller and had the same problem or could someone help understand what happened? I'm using the same settings I already used as below:

Output: Speaker + Headphones
Card: Hercules Dj Console 4-Mx
Admission: Nothing

Master: Hercules Dj Console 4-mx
Headphones : Hercules Dj Console 4-mx

This way the audio comes out in the speaker and in the headphones but when I load some music on deck B it doesn't stop playing in the headphones.
The controller is set to standard audio in windows, when I remove it from the default and set it to Asio in its configuration, it doesn't work.

Can anyone decipher what's going on?

Posted Mon 07 Aug 23 @ 3:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you think it's the Hercules Driver update, contact them and ask for the previous version.

Posted Mon 07 Aug 23 @ 1:05 pm
DJ Dad, how are you? Thanks for trying to help. I had the previous driver but it doesn't work anymore, the audio is hissing and no sound comes out. I updated just because of that. I think it might be the drive as I couldn't pre-listen after the update. But I don't know if that's why, it could be some configuration error but I'm not able to solve it and that's why I'm asking for help. Let's wait if anyone has any information about this...

Posted Mon 07 Aug 23 @ 1:20 pm
win 10 or 11?
Got a RMX and test it for 10 min., works fine with: 1.HDJS.2022 (win 10)

Posted Tue 08 Aug 23 @ 5:17 pm
It's Win 10. Wollerosekauf, I don't know if I understood correctly, but you are suggesting that I use drive 1 HDJS 2022 from dj control Hercules RMX that will work? Mine is Hercules 4-mx, will this really work? But why only for 10 minutes?

Posted Tue 08 Aug 23 @ 6:38 pm
I would say they use the same driver.
For me only 10 minutes because I tried VDJ 2023 and don't have a license for it.
(But the driver with my version number runs great on win 10.)
Try it...

Posted Tue 08 Aug 23 @ 7:05 pm
So are you using an old driver on your Hercules RMX? On the Hercules website, the RMX driver is updated to 2 HDJS 2023. Does yours work without updating the driver? Mine doesn't work with old drivers but I can try to do the test, I just have to find this old driver. Do you know where I can find this driver 1 HDJS 2022 from RMX?

Posted Tue 08 Aug 23 @ 7:14 pm

Posted Tue 08 Aug 23 @ 7:35 pm
Ok, later today when I'm home I'll do the test. Thanks. Notice if it worked.

Posted Tue 08 Aug 23 @ 7:45 pm
Problem solved. Yesterday a more experienced friend came to help me and we managed to solve it, we installed the older driver again and the main problem was in the configuration of the controller software, I don't know what happened but when updating it was misconfigured and there was the error. The pre-listening came back and my problem was solved 🙏🏼 but I'm using the previous driver.
Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Posted Wed 09 Aug 23 @ 12:25 pm