Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Anyone here use Stereo Tool with VDJ?
Been playing around with it and I'm just curious to hear other peoples' experiences with it.

FWIW, I'm on an M1 Macbook Pro, which may change the experience a bit if you're on Windows.

So far, I love the sound it can produce, but I had to reduce the latency to 512 samples to make it feel tolerably responsive on the decks. Even then, I had a few crackles when doing things like moving the pitch slider. I would like to get it down to 256 samples but that's reeeeally pushing it. Also had a hard crash when I tried opening the settings while it was active and a song was playing.

If you're using it, has it been stable for you? Any audio glitches? Are you using any of the built in presets or have you made your own?

Posted Thu 03 Aug 23 @ 10:43 pm
if your using that to create a mono output you should be able to do that without using that tool

Posted Thu 03 Aug 23 @ 10:53 pm
Thanks, but I'm using it for dynamics processing.

Posted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 10:28 pm
I am using the standalone version of Thimeo Stereo Tool for years for my broadcast/stream on a dedicated I7 pc. Stereo Tool is intended to be used for broadcast/streaming soundprocessing where latency is less important. There is indeed a VST version of Stereo Tool, but the processing of the software is way too heavy for low-latency environments, so is not suitable for use as a real-time sound processor in combination with DJ-software. At least not the VST version, while the stand-alone version has besides a main processed channel output, a special low-latency output which should be used for DJ cue/monitoring. That channel reduces the intensity of the processing, and therefor giving a lower latency, but with cutoffs in the processing, that's the trade-off. Anyway, using that stand-alone version on a single computer will be challenging. First are the resources: in my opinion it is virtually impossible to run the DJ software and (the stand-alone version of) Stereo Tool together on any consumer pc with acceptable latency. Secondly: virtual interconnecting the two softwares without additional latency is almost impossible...

Posted Sun 06 Aug 23 @ 12:06 pm
ZiglarPRO InfinityMember since 2011
christianwheel wrote :
Do u mean to get more dynamic range? Then i would suggest trying Izotope Neutron 4 Plugin on the master output of VDJ. The Punch and range you get is such a dream.

Posted Sat 12 Aug 23 @ 7:38 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Ziglar wrote :
christianwheel wrote :
Do u mean to get more dynamic range? Then i would suggest trying Izotope Neutron 4 Plugin on the master output of VDJ. The Punch and range you get is such a dream.

Thanks for the suggestion, I use the FabFilter Pro-Q3 on the master out and will try if there will be better :)

Posted Mon 14 Aug 23 @ 5:21 pm
Technically to get less dynamic range! I do a lot of radio broadcast work so I want things as loud and punchy sounding as possible. Back in the day I was a big fan of BreakawayDJ and the sound that produced but that is not available on Mac. Will give Izotope a try, thank you for the suggestion.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 4:56 am