Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: it´s possible duplicate VDJ files in two drives?
agadj2PRO InfinityMember since 2021
Hi, i´m exploring possibility of VDJ be cloned in two harddrives who are in my computer, my whis is work in one of two hard drives , and the changues, all changes: cues mappers settings history all of all files of VDJ be modified in two HDS. i use VDJ at home in my PC but when go oout i get the second HD who has a music collection and other W11, and put it and start from it ...
hope make me understand.
idea is work in one computer who has two hd who contents VDJ installed files in both.. and all files from both installations be modified (cloned) everytime i use the program...
I´m crazy??? any idea to do it?
Thanks for readme!!!

Posted Tue 01 Aug 23 @ 3:19 pm
Just use an external drive and something like Synchredible to sync back and forth.

Posted Tue 01 Aug 23 @ 3:23 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006

Posted Tue 01 Aug 23 @ 3:35 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
I use syncthing to maintin the same file structure between 2 pcs, works very well

Posted Tue 01 Aug 23 @ 3:41 pm
As TEAR EM'UP said:

"As long as the root structure is still the same"

I have 3 computers; 2 laptops (working & backup) and the 3rd is the preparation desktop, where I download, organize and put everything together and is all sync with "FreeFileSync" using an external Drive

Been doing this for years and never had a problem with VDJ database.

Posted Tue 01 Aug 23 @ 5:38 pm
agadj2PRO InfinityMember since 2021
Thanks all for support, great comunnity we have... i will try the tips and back for show results...thanks a lot friends...

Posted Wed 02 Aug 23 @ 5:10 pm