Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Where can I get / buy true 320-or-better kbps music? I can't edit Deezer downloads - need a file to open in editor.
Do DJs edit songs in separate software, or just use VDJ's POI editor?
The POI editor is far from user-friendly, in my experience, so even though I pay for Deezer I can't use it if I want to play a customized edit of a song. I need to download a file, open it in a separate audio workstation (actually I use a video editor - Magix Vegas), save the edit, then add that file to VDJ.

YouTube Music is 256 kbps at best, so sites that claim to download YouTube audio at 320 are taking 320 kbps but only giving you 256 or less, depending on the source quality.

I paid $35 for software that was supposed to be able to download a playlist from Spotify as mp3 files. Using it resulted on my Spotify account getting frozen.

Where (free or paid) can I download 320-k-or-better audio files?

Posted Sun 30 Jul 23 @ 1:38 am
Yes, if you want to create real edits, you should certainly buy and download tracks
Downloading from Yoitube or Spotify is illegal, so it must be some dodgy software you have found for Spotify playlist downloads

Posted Sun 30 Jul 23 @ 1:56 am
Where is good to buy music files? itunes? bandcamp? emusic.com? somewhere else?

Posted Thu 03 Aug 23 @ 4:24 am
BeatPort, BeatSource, TraxSource are all examples of stores that let you buy/download tracks. There are many others. I use BeatPort myself, and they offer 320Kbps MP3 and WAV downloads.

There are also sites like BPM Supreme, where you pay monthly subscription, and can then download as much as you want.

Posted Thu 03 Aug 23 @ 8:11 am
Check out djcity and directmusicservice too, they're quite good. If you need video, directmusicservice also comes with a basic smashvision subscription.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 5:49 am
I have a Music Server I run and Distribute for donations. HMU in a PM for More info, or via Instagram @djnikkofb

Posted Thu 09 Nov 23 @ 6:05 pm