Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon Prime GO (on Windows 11) experiences with Virtual DJ
Had to upgrade some stuff.. My 2019 laptop.. battery completely dead, and couldn't take the risk of a repair fail. So bought a quite powerfull new one ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 GX650RW-LO070W
And my good ol' Denon MC6000 X-fader needed to be replaced.. due to some hardware fails. I sooner considered the Denon Prime GO, but at that time it wasn't usable as a controller.. a few months ago it became officially supported as a controller/audiointerface by Denon.

The Denon Prime GO was working on my old laptop.. But had some troubles with installing. Though I didn't do intensive testing.

On my new laptop I experience a very, very long loadtime for Virtual DJ. Selecting a different Soundcard configuration (laptop speakers) solves this problem. But with the Denon Prime GO profile selected it takes like 10-20 seconds I think. Once it works it seems to run fine..

Yesterday was the first time I took this combo out for a gig.. at a sirten moment I noticed a dropout for half a second.. (audio stopped and continued after that). Fortunately rest of the evening it seemed to run fine but it really bothers me.

The install procedure on this controller had to be done several times before I got it to work. Some trouble shooting with the 2015-2022 redistributable installation solved this. Same problems on my old laptop.

What are your experiences with this controller. I actually bought it because of the back-up facilities in Stand-alone mode.. but if it was not supporting Virtual DJ, there's no way I would've bought such a product.

Thanks!

Posted Sat 29 Jul 23 @ 10:06 am
Re-installing solved the problem :-)

Posted Thu 03 Aug 23 @ 5:01 pm
I have an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo 15 and had an issue at a wedding while using a Denon SC Live 2. My assistant accidentally unplugged my main power source. Laptop obviously stayed on, but everything else turned off.

Restarted and noticed a few times even during auto play, there was a small glitch.

Went to do father/daughter dance and the thing wouldn't play at all. Loaded song on both sides, seen audio signal going to Denon SC LIve 2, but couldn't get sound through. Was a tough night...

After that gig, i tested and tested and still haven't identified exactly what the problem was. But continued having small audio skips (especially if I would change fan speeds on my laptop). So I think it was something power related.

Ever since that, I haven't used the Denon SC Live 2 except for stand alone.

Posted Wed 09 Aug 23 @ 1:46 am