Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DDJ1000..... or CDJ300 and DJM-A9?? Pros and cons...
I am in the position to be able to purchase 2xCDJ3000/DJMA9, but am not sure they will provide me enough increase in endorphins over my DDJ1000 setup!

I will still be using VDJ as a first option, but there's no denying the flexibility/standalone option/back2back djs etc...

I love my DDJ1000/VDJ setup, but have one final chance to 'upgrade' to the best current option (IMHO). Do any of you have the experience of using both setups? What did you think?

I appreciate there are other perfectly acceptable combinations out there for VDJ, but I am ONLY interested in this option. I currently run an ASUS Zephyrus (i7 12700H, 16GB, RTX 3060).

Any feedback and opinions on this upgrade option gratefully accepted!!

Peace n Love n House Music!!

Posted Wed 14 Jun 23 @ 11:04 am
I know the 300/A9 setup is worth it if you have the funds; my question is whether the INCREASE in function over the DDJ1000 warrants the spend.....?

Posted Thu 15 Jun 23 @ 2:54 pm
i don't think you will experience a increase in functions other that the ability to not use a laptop which is big

you will experience the limitations of hardware as in you can only use what is provided and can not expand unless you interface with a laptop.

not trying to convince you either way just trying to inform :-)

Posted Thu 15 Jun 23 @ 8:45 pm
I personally wouldn't make the immediate jump to hardware only, I couldn't cope with losing the configurability of VDJ. However, as a prospective setup for small local events and 'compatibility' with other djs it is really tempting.
I'm also wondering if the increase on sound quality in hardware mode would be noticeable?

Posted Fri 16 Jun 23 @ 8:35 am
SLIC3RPRO InfinityMember since 2015
absolutely! however at the moment, CDJ 3000's are a bit of a toss up decision due to it currently having issues during playback, i.e. EDC situation where the players are malfunctioning. And as of right now the A9 is not natively supported by VDJ just as of yet, of course im sure till come along but when in use i had to manually map the soundcard as a generic soundcard each time (not that big of a deal if you're savvy enough to know what your doing, but not the most user friendly thing out there). if you want and have the ability to risk it, go for it! but just know that these things are a coin toss until future updates hit the market, which eventually they will so...

As for hardware innovations, no. other than the fact that you are able to DJ without looking at a laptop as often and can use other media as backup, the only thing you will gain is the modularity of not just using one controller as your center piece. you can have turntables with the A9 or alternatively swap out the A9 with a DJM S11 battle style mixer with pad functionality and have the 3000's at the same time. It's all about what you care about, the DDJ 1000 is a fantastic controller but its still just a controller...

The claim is that the A9 has the best sound in the game atm but im not sure if VDJ can utilize that/if its a standalone feature.

Posted Fri 30 Jun 23 @ 6:11 am
Is anyone using the DJM S5 in virtual dj? I'm thinking about going dvs from controller.

Posted Wed 02 Aug 23 @ 2:57 pm
user17847165 wrote :
Is anyone using the DJM S5 in virtual dj? I'm thinking about going dvs.. Nevermind. I see this mixer is for serato.

Posted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 2:28 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 2:39 pm

Posted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 2:40 pm