Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ turns off lighs in Soundswitch (DMX) when connection starts
I've been using Freestyler for many years.. had some troubles with my DMX interface not working due to some USB hub problems.. but worked without any problem most of the time. Virtual DJ always connected and synced perfectly. Never change a winning team they say.. but I like this autoscripting funcionality of Sound Switch so I'm giving it a try.

I have a fixture that works.. some 'beat synced effects' selectable by 'autoloops' work when I select the (ableton) LINK function.. so far so good..
After some troubleshooting I finally got Virtual DJ connected with Soundswitch, the little blue light near the icon of Virtual DJ is flashing.. But no lights show up. As switch to 'Link' all is fine and lights are flashing.

I tried different fader setting in the Perfomance menu, without succes. And I assume this isn't causing the problem. As soon I load a track it blackouts the light.
I had aproblem with a selected 'blackout' DMX PADS (vdj) that I couldn't turn off. But deleted this button and added it again. It's more likely something that it doesn't get the BPM info? I'm too unexperienced with Soundswitch as I Installed it yesterday but hopefully anyone regognizes this messing aroung.. :-) I'm a little bit stuck and really would love te get it to work.. (Y)

Thanx in advance.

Posted Fri 21 Apr 23 @ 11:31 am

Posted Fri 21 Apr 23 @ 12:20 pm
pfew.. got it to work. It had something to do with the 'active fader' 1-4. I use the 2 faders in the middle (of a total of 4). Thought I had to select 2 and 3 but it was 1 and 2 I had to mark. I feel pretty stupid I not noticed this.. but it's a lesson learned.. :-)

Posted Fri 21 Apr 23 @ 12:22 pm
Benz Werner wrote :
Here you can find everything about SoundSwitch

https://www.youtube.com/@djholger4927/videos

I've been through most of the video's. It's quite new to me the faders of my mixers work together with Soundswitch.. I mostly have those halfway as my my first fader, where my submixer is connected to, isn't having enough output. I now swithced to 'external mixer' and the problem of the faders isn't an issue anymore.. :-)

Posted Fri 21 Apr 23 @ 12:27 pm