Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Saving currently playing song to a file or virtual folder on demand
Hi all

Does anybody happen to know of a way to save the currently playing song title & artist to a file or virtual folder? I only want this to happen when a custom button is clicked, not for all songs. I can't see anything obvious in the scripting verb list but may well have missed it so any help is appreciated.

Posted Mon 17 Apr 23 @ 11:51 pm
I was looking some similar to push the current track to RDS encoder for FM Transmitter. (Stereotool can read a file to achieve that). I ended up with PowerShell. Still looking for better solution.

Line 3 reads the last line of tracklist.txt and saves it to CurTrack1.txt
Line 4 truncates the first 8 characters and saves to CurTrack2.txt
nb: VDJ saves to tracklist.txt after 45 sec of play, so I set the 'historyDelay' option to a lower value.

$notpressed = $true
while($notpressed){
(Get-Content C:\Users\Gebruiker\AppData\Local\VirtualDJ\History\tracklist.txt)[-1] | Out-File C:\Test\CurTrack1.txt
(Get-Content 'C:\Test\CurTrack1.txt' -raw) -replace '^........' | Set-Content 'C:\Test\CurTrack2.txt'
Get-Content -Path C:\Test\CurTrack1.txt
Get-Content -Path C:\Test\CurTrack2.txt
Start-Sleep -Seconds 5
}

Posted Tue 25 Apr 23 @ 5:11 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@grooves I could make that for you.

@BertMulder probably for you too.

Posted Tue 25 Apr 23 @ 5:20 pm
One could easily adapt the usual history created by VDJ ..
to only contain those tracks that you added manually, to history, with your button.

Posted Tue 25 Apr 23 @ 5:47 pm
Thanks for your input guys, after a bit of thought it turned out to be really easy - I simply mapped a button to search for the currently playing track, prepended with some additional text, then a brief delay & then reset the search to show all tracks again (it was a bit flaky if I didn't include the delay before resetting but your mileage may vary). By setting the search log to record unfound songs, the song (with its prepended text) will never be found & so will be added to the log. @BertMulder, don't know if this will be any use to you but you may be able to adapt the concept to suit your needs.

Posted Wed 26 Apr 23 @ 10:02 pm
Clever idea ! !

Posted Wed 26 Apr 23 @ 11:32 pm