Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: stems/key gradual change script help
Anyway to script a button to fade stems in/out rather than instant cut?

repeat_start_instant 'rsiVox' 1000ms 1 & stem Vocal 50% & stem HiHat 0% & stem Instru 0% & stem Bass 0% & stem Kick 0%

Also for key?
repeat_start_instant 'rsiKeyMatch' 1000ms 1 & key 0

repeat start instants ain't workin', where have I erred?

Posted Tue 07 Mar 23 @ 7:30 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
script is valid but you're only calling for 1 instance/repeat of script

repeat_start_instant 'rsiVox' 40ms 50 & stem HiHat -1% & stem Instru -1% & stem Bass -1% & stem Kick -1%

Posted Tue 07 Mar 23 @ 7:42 pm
Such a ledge, appreciate all of your help on here! Be there anyway to do a gradual movement for eq_reset and match_key? Or a way to have things move to a fixed value over time rather than changing by increments?

Rsi script you provided works well but just looking to have: one button that fades to acapella, one button that fades to instrumental, one button that fades everything to 50% regardless what value each thing may be at.

Same for key: one button that smoothly matches other deck's key, another button to smoothly move to default key.

T'would be a wondrous thing, that

Posted Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 5:47 pm
'tis always change by increment, even the sound is just speaker in or speaker out 44100 times a second, sound maybe waves but built of samples/frames of discreet packets.
the only interpolation is what you design.
repeat_start has a inbuilt speed limit of about 33ms, under that frequency it it doesn't really hold up.
It's not impossible but it's tricky, brackets in scripts make it much, much easier than it use to be.

There's several things to lerp against but it depends on what you want.

Posted Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 6:57 pm
I get that, I don't need a finer resolution or anything.

How bout this, I have a button that does "eq_reset". I'm in stems mode so it does the stems, snapping everything back to 50%. Anyway to script this to be a gradual fade?

Then another button that sets vox to 50% and everything else to 0, regardless of what value it's currently at, and fades it rather than instant?

Posted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 2:00 am
repeat_start_instant 'rsiName' 40ms -1 & set check 0 & ( param_smaller ? `stem HiHat` 49% ? stem HiHat +1% : set check +1 ) & ( param_smaller ? `stem Instru` 49% ? stem HiHat +1% : set check +1 ) & var check 2 ? repeat_stop 'rsiName' : 

something like that
more learning

Posted Thu 16 Mar 23 @ 2:13 am
blargenheffer wrote :

Same for key: one button that smoothly matches other deck's key, another button to smoothly move to default key.

I'm also looking for a way to do exactly that. Easy enough to do with levels/eq's/filter etc but not with match_key??

Posted Fri 24 Mar 23 @ 1:01 pm
match key you could be +-6 semi tones out, I don't care what engine you're using, a key shift that far is beyond reasonable.
plus there's keylock, vs natural with pitch, what is said to be A could be A + almost half a semitone when pitched +1.6% ish.
really you're just chasing letters on screen when it's a job for your ears.

If you use master tempo the script to play with is
key_smooth +0.01

or something like that

Posted Fri 24 Mar 23 @ 1:50 pm