Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DDj-XP2 and windows 11 PC constant layout drop outs - Page: 1
Hi All, Anyone else experiencing layout drop out with DDJ-XP" on windows, i have turned off all option of windows trying to power manage any of the usb ports, also placed them directly on the laptop as opposed to having a usb hub.
The first layout of the Songs ques an default effects seem to drop randomly but return again after unpluging it and repluging it, untill the next song.

On mac i have no such issue but since its a 2018 mac im dealing with the Stems pop up every song.
issue seems to be only with when using virtual Dj, no issues like that with other software on pc or mac.

also if i have to stick to the mac is there a way to stop the anoying pop up? thanks

Posted Sun 26 Feb 23 @ 2:51 pm
So, it seems that for a brief moment your laptop is unable to feed XP2 with enough power to keep running.
Can you try to use a USB hub that has it's own PSU ?

Posted Tue 28 Feb 23 @ 8:40 am
Hi Yeah tried that too, and with multiple difrent types of USB hubs
the laptop is super beefy. blade 15 with a 210W psu. its definetly a windows 11 issue and how it utilizes USB..
i have a windows 7 laptop sitting somewhere im going to test that with it. cause its definetly not a usb power issue.. more like windows wants a license fee for the connected product like they use to with every other device that connects to it.

Posted Tue 28 Feb 23 @ 11:43 am
after further investigating, it seems windows 11 22H2 OS build 22621.1265 is the problem,
using windows 10 pro 21H2 OS build 19044.2006
experience pack 120.2212.4180.0
no problems

the version of virtual dj running on the laptop without a problem
is 8.5-64 b7151
will see if updating producers the same issue.

will try the latest build that is on the blade 15 laptop which is v2023.b7462

Added to this after attempting updating to latest version of virtual on the windows 10 machine which is a much lower value laptop
the xp2 needs to be unpluged once & then it will read the layouts correctly.

either i need to find a way to downgrade windows or just get used to mac and buy a new one that will support stems functionality.

Posted Tue 28 Feb 23 @ 4:04 pm
Dj-Sideris wrote :
after further investigating, it seems windows 11 22H2 OS build 22621.1265 is the problem,
no problems

is 8.5-64 b7151

Added to this after attempting updating to latest version of virtual on the windows 10 machine which is a much lower value laptop

either i need to find a way to downgrade windows or just get used to mac and buy a new one that will support stems functionality.

after a fresh image restore and running windows 10 as opposed to windows 11 things seem a little more stable. windows 10 21H1 OS Build 19043.1055..

looks like i have an excuse to buy a yet another new mac..

Posted Tue 28 Feb 23 @ 8:02 pm
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Dj-Sideris wrote :
no problems

is 8.5-64 b7151

Did you manage to downgrade to Windows 10? I am also interested in trying this option, as Windows 11 clearly gives issues with recent builds of VDJ.

Posted Tue 28 Feb 23 @ 8:56 pm
Sepatro wrote :
Windows 11 clearly gives issues with recent builds of VDJ

I've not noticed anything, doing three hour Twitch streams twice a week, playing music, graphic overlays, samples, feeding Resolume into VDJ via Spout and streaming at 720p. Always running latest builds.

Posted Tue 28 Feb 23 @ 9:00 pm
downgraded to a windows pro 10 version and the problem is still there,
the outlays on the DDJ-XP2 for each songs settings will randomly drop and come back again.
definitely wont be using this Beast of a Laptop even though it does the stem features flawlessly,
i can't risk it for gigs.

I also noticed the DDJ-XP2 mapping is from down up as opposed to from up down.. will have to look into that.

Over all very happy with the pairing of the xdj-rx3 and the ddj-xp2 especially with how well it can function on a mac. Just cant take advantage of stems until i get a new mac.

there is one last thing left to try of the previous version of virtual Dj without the stems, really looking forward to seen it more stable before my Rane Four arrives.

Posted Tue 28 Feb 23 @ 10:45 pm
Have you tried different USB port(s) and/or possibly different USB cable ?

The behavior you describe is a disconnection of DDJ-XP2 that doesn't come clean.
Usually this means that for a brief moment the controller cannot get enough power through the USB.
I know you tried a powered USB hub, but have you tried for instance changing the cable ?
I know it appears unlikely to be the cable if the same cable works fine on your MAC, however it's not unheard of USB cables working "fine" on one port/PC/machine and not on others.

Also as a test I would try to plug only the DDJ-XP2 on a USB port and see if it disconnects or not when doing stuff.

Posted Tue 28 Feb 23 @ 11:10 pm
done all those mate, and even went as far as installing other applications and they work perfectly.
also made sure they are the only 2 devices connected directly to the laptop

the machine is an blade 15 with i7 16gig of ram and nvidia 3070. its 100% a windows and virtual dj issue.
will attempt tonight a windows 7 fresh install on this same laptop

Posted Wed 01 Mar 23 @ 9:57 am
Dj-Sideris wrote :
done all those mate, and even went as far as installing other applications and they work perfectly.
also made sure they are the only 2 devices connected directly to the laptop

the machine is an blade 15 with i7 16gig of ram and nvidia 3070. its 100% a windows and virtual dj issue.
will attempt tonight a windows 7 fresh install on this same laptop

changed cables for the 3rd time and now i have a working setup, at least with the windows 10 version mentioned above..

thanks for been persistent

Posted Wed 01 Mar 23 @ 10:10 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Have you tried different USB port(s) and/or possibly different USB cable ?

The behavior you describe is a disconnection of DDJ-XP2 that doesn't come clean.
Usually this means that for a brief moment the controller cannot get enough power through the USB.
I know you tried a powered USB hub, but have you tried for instance changing the cable ?
I know it appears unlikely to be the cable if the same cable works fine on your MAC, however it's not unheard of USB cables working "fine" on one port/PC/machine and not on others.

Also as a test I would try to plug only the DDJ-XP2 on a USB port and see if it disconnects or not when doing stuff.

thanks mate after changing back to the original cable i have a working setup with the windows 10 version and previous version of virtual dj.. will attempt update later tonight

Posted Wed 01 Mar 23 @ 10:12 am
further evening testing with only 2 devices connected and stock usb cables that came with the ddj-xp2 and xdj-rx3 the problem is persistent. there is not much more left to do, windows 10 pro and this setup looks like its out of the question for a live gig.
all power saving modes been disabled on all usb interfaces laptop is setup in full extreme mode.
8 cores and 16 threads i7 and it just doesn't want to stay stable.

it could be a poor build of a laptop.
might try the msi with 3080 next and see if theres any better results.

power issue syncs seem to be something that's been going on with windows since 2016 according to search results and trying different suggested solutions.

at least i can confirm very stable setup on the MacBook pro mid 2018 edition.
and the ddj-xp2 is a perfect companion in virtual dj.. very pleased of all the hard work put into it.

Posted Wed 01 Mar 23 @ 7:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Monitoring this topic. Probably a specific setup/computer related issue, but sent you an email with a test file to try.

Posted Wed 01 Mar 23 @ 8:52 pm
djdad wrote :
Monitoring this topic. Probably a specific setup/computer related issue, but sent you an email with a test file to try.

well this is a game changer!
all layout drop out issues gone, it was so stable i updated to virtual dj 2023
and still PERFECT

thank you DJDAD this fixed it! Efxaristo Poli!

Posted Wed 01 Mar 23 @ 11:00 pm
Can you please explain what a "layout drop out" is? Something is being lost in translation.

Posted Sat 04 Mar 23 @ 4:03 pm
groovindj wrote :
Can you please explain what a "layout drop out" is? Something is being lost in translation.

every track has a layout of the cue points and other mappings to the controller send from virtual dj, and as it would load it the key buttons on the xp2 controler will light up, and when the controler would have communication issues due to what we found to be a combination of windows and virtual dj the layout for the controller would lose sync.

and wont regain it unless you unplug the controller and plug it back in.
it would also disconect randmly whilst playing the songs and using any eefects or pads on the xp2.

after adding the force keymapping for xp2 send to me by djdad everything got fixed.

Posted Mon 06 Mar 23 @ 1:40 pm
Most likely the fix will become a permanent fix.
We are testing the solution we provided to you to see if it affects anything else on other user cases, and if all is good, we will update the native definition of XP2

Posted Mon 06 Mar 23 @ 2:20 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Dj-Sideris wrote :
groovindj wrote :

every track has a layout of the cue points and other mappings to the controller send from virtual dj, and as it would load it the key buttons on the xp2 controler will light up, and when the controler would have communication issues due to what we found to be a combination of windows and virtual dj the layout for the controller would lose sync.

and wont regain it unless you unplug the controller and plug it back in.
it would also disconect randmly whilst playing the songs and using any eefects or pads on the xp2.

after adding the force keymapping for xp2 send to me by djdad everything got fixed.

maybe late to this. running windows 11 23h2. i7-1400k, 4070, etc.

using a pioneer a9 as mix mixer. uses usb c. works fine. in vdj tho the xp2 is totally unpredictable. loses sync, the mappings i made, and also upside down

Posted 7 days ago @ 2:09 pm
What do you mean "upside down" ?

Posted 7 days ago @ 2:41 pm
95%