Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Vumeter stereo skinning
I've been working for a few weeks on a pretty detailed skin edit. What's giving me trouble is I like putting graphic images in my vumeter but it keep repeating the left side of the graphic.

The default code from the modern skin appears to use the get left and get right in reference to the vumeter class and shows the appropriate movement over the 12 pixels. So I can't understand for the life of me why both left and right channels on the decks are doubling up the left half of the graphic.

Posted Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 8:39 pm
I can think of several reasons that could generate the bug. But without reference images to the problem, there is little or nothing anyone here could do to help...

Posted Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 9:11 pm
here's the first source for the main vumeter when the class is being defined:

<define class="vumeter" classdeck="left" type="linear" orientation="vertical" direction="up">
<size width="11" height="251"/>
<off x="1032" y="1143"/>
<on x="1168" y="1143"/>
</define>
<define class="vumeter" classdeck="right" type="linear" orientation="vertical" direction="up">
<size width="11" height="251"/>
<off x="1032" y="1143"/>
<on x="1204" y="1143"/>
</define>

AND THEN THE PANEL CODE ITSELF

<panel name="vu_meter" group="vu_levels" visible="no">
<visual class="vumeter" deck="left" source="get_vu_meter_left">
<pos x="+0" y="+0"/>
</visual>
<visual class="vumeter" deck="left" source="get_vu_meter_right">
<pos x="+12" y="+0"/>
</visual>
<visual class="vumeter" deck="right" source="get_vu_meter_left">
<pos x="+34" y="+0"/>
</visual>
<visual class="vumeter" deck="right" source="get_vu_meter_right">
<pos x="+34+12" y="+0"/>
</visual>
</panel>

If I'm understanding this it SHOULD be looking the 12 pixels to the right of the left channel source image for the right channe source. but the +12 doesn't seem to be impacting it. My old VirtualDJ 7 skins have always done this no problem but this seems to be an issue this time around.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 23 @ 6:33 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
vu's aren't often defined as classes, I'm not full speed with skin classes, but I don't believe pxl look up positions can be deck conditional. [I could be wrong]

change the name of your second defined class and change the name of it being called too.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 23 @ 7:45 am
this is literally the code from the default skin so i assumed it must be correct.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 23 @ 7:56 am
which variation of default?

Posted Tue 31 Jan 23 @ 8:01 am
the one you get from hitting edit this skin. 2018 i believe.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 23 @ 8:05 am
even then the pos of the call isn't a pxl lookup, it's a placement position

Edit; default yeah but, default pro, default performance, default starter, default vertical... ?
I've just been thru all 5 and I see no
class="vumeter"

Posted Tue 31 Jan 23 @ 8:09 am
i'm not sure what to fix then. do i remove the class and make it per deck under the audio mixer panel?

Posted Tue 31 Jan 23 @ 8:10 am
oh, and they define the class in the first part. it's not a default class, but if it's defined at the top of the script, it's like calling on a section of script above already written. though idk why you'd do this for a singular instance.

Posted Tue 31 Jan 23 @ 8:12 am
i figured it out. I created a second set of the class with the +12 for the X's and repositioned the location on the .png and it works perfectly. for whatever reason, the default code uses a single source on the .png and adjusts for both channels. seems like a weird strategy when your .png has a left and right channel visible. why have two if you only use one?

Posted Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 7:39 am
lot of work so far.

Posted Wed 01 Feb 23 @ 7:41 am