Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: stems bugs/ usabitlity
- stems cant be computed via the vdj script
- with StemsRealtimeSeperation Enabled you can compute Stems for Streaming Services, but in the browser there is no option
- with StemsSavedStems: Manual it seems like it always saves the stems automatically.

Posted Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 11:28 am
- computed stems from streaming services can be found in the folder prepared, but only if you search for them with the keyboard
- can't find prepared Stems in Documents\Virtual DJ. Where are they located?

Posted Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 12:01 pm
reverbal abuse wrote :
- can't find prepared Stems in Documents\Virtual DJ. Where are they located?

They are right next to the audio tracks

Posted Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 12:37 pm
reverbal abuse wrote :
- with StemsRealtimeSeperation Enabled you can compute Stems for Streaming Services, but in the browser there is no option

They do need to be downloaded first for the stems separation to have something to work on

reverbal abuse wrote :
- with StemsSavedStems: Manual it seems like it always saves the stems automatically.

Mine never does for real-time separation. Only if I prepare them - and then they of course need to be saved

Posted Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 12:40 pm
a feature was added now, so you can rightclick on the prepared stem an get to the folder where it's located.
thx a lot vdj team

Posted Tue 13 Dec 22 @ 10:54 am
klausmogensen wrote :

They do need to be downloaded first for the stems separation to have something to work on

yeah but this way you can't do it manually. even after loading the track.
adding the option (combined with download) to browser and vdj script would be awesome

Posted Tue 13 Dec 22 @ 11:00 am
It'd be very useful if you could extend samples (with silence) by increasing the length of a sample loop above the sample length.. (currently sample loop size is limited)

This would make playing sounds alternately possible, and grant new rythmic possibility with the sampler!

Posted Mon 02 Jan 23 @ 10:16 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
add to wishes forum, this is technical fixes.

Posted Mon 02 Jan 23 @ 10:19 am
Virtual DJ keeps setting "StemsFix: Don't use GPU"

since stems 2.0 i was able to turn it off again and stems worked fine, but now it keeps reenabling the option and won't get a single stems calculation done..

Posted Wed 04 Jan 23 @ 12:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What's your computer specs (Processor, RAM, GPU) ?

Posted Wed 04 Jan 23 @ 1:43 pm
why does this matter? if i uncheck the option and restart virtual dj, stems work fine..

Posted Wed 04 Jan 23 @ 3:06 pm
Is this issue relevant to the team? i'd love to not always search the settings after starting up vdj😅

Posted Tue 18 Apr 23 @ 8:59 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Just to be sure, what do you consider an issue? Could you explain it again? Which build of VirtualDJ are you using? Can you describe your computer (cpu, graphic card, ram, ...)

Posted Wed 19 Apr 23 @ 4:56 am
i'm using and amd graphics card which works fine for stem creation. unfortunately VDJ changes my settings automatically so it wont use the gpu anymore.

Posted Sun 11 Jun 23 @ 3:59 pm