Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sound distortion when changing pitch
I have a problem with VDJ that came out of nowhere. The other night I was playing and the left deck started to sound distorted any time the pitch was changed. The sound would be normal as long as it was at the original pitch, but as soon as the bpm was moved up or down it started to distort. This audio shows how it sounds when the bpm changes up or down:

https://soundcloud.com/delio-j-castillo/virtual-dj-problem-sound/s-NeACjpK5nDZ?si=022ac909b9b741d3bb562cf260ac486f&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

The issue only happens on the left deck, I have switched to deck 3 and it happens the same way. I have a DDJ 1000 controller. The last change I remember making was to allow early releases in order to try out stems 2.0, I have tried to turn that option off, and it does not fix the problem.

THanks in advance.

Posted Fri 09 Dec 22 @ 4:11 pm
Do you get the same issue if you change the bpm using the pitch slider on the skin rather than the controller?
Just to rule out if its the controller and not VDJ?

And I take it, it works fine without the controller connected?

Posted Fri 09 Dec 22 @ 6:49 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try without the controller connected. Just virtual dj and it is not related to the controller. It happens with using the skin controls for pitch and the computer sound card. It only happens on the left side deck, or deck 1 / 3.

Posted Sat 10 Dec 22 @ 4:04 am
Another thing. If I turn off "master tempo" the problem goes away, of course that is not a solution as doing that changes the key when the pitch is moved. Just giving more info in case the VDJ team knows what is going on.

Posted Sat 10 Dec 22 @ 4:06 am
Another update: Now the deck 3 is fixed. It is only doing it on deck 1. It happens with a controller connected or stand alone. Can someone from support please let me know if they know or not know anything about this.

Posted Fri 23 Dec 22 @ 3:07 am
In the german forum someone write the same. He use a MacBook Pro 2020 OS Ventura 13.1.
He has fixed be deleting the Settings.XML
Please cut/paste the Setting.XML to a backup place.
After this start VDJ and test again.

Posted Fri 23 Dec 22 @ 7:47 am
HERE THE SOLUTION:
1: Left corner press the settings button.
2: Select “Option”
3: Click on “Controls”
4: Turn “masterTempo from ‘Yes’ to “NO”

Posted Sat 03 Jun 23 @ 2:28 pm
did this help? I'm having the same issue. Hi pitched noise on Deck 1only

In the german forum someone write the same. He use a MacBook Pro 2020 OS Ventura 13.1.

Posted Mon 09 Oct 23 @ 6:42 pm
I am having the same problem and I can't figure it out.... every time I load any song to the left deck when I first start up vdj I use the pitch bend and get the same sound. need help asap.. don't know if I need to update the driver or if there's a way to dis-update to use another version. I am running macOS Sonoma 14.0 and the latest virtual dj software

Posted Tue 10 Oct 23 @ 12:17 am
idk

Posted Tue 10 Oct 23 @ 12:19 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What is your PitchQuality setting value in VirtualDJ Options ?

Posted Tue 10 Oct 23 @ 1:18 am
djdad wrote :
What is your PitchQuality setting value in VirtualDJ Options ?

Posted Wed 11 Oct 23 @ 4:09 pm
DennYo Beats wrote :

I cant find that setting.

Posted Wed 11 Oct 23 @ 4:10 pm
Has anyone fixed this or figured this out. I'm getting it not only on deck 1, but now deck 2 as well.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 5:35 pm
Has anyone fixed this or figured this out. I'm getting it not only on deck 1, but now deck 2 as well.

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 5:35 pm
Give us some details.

Are you using a Mac? What's your pitch quality setting? Did you try any of the above suggestions?

Posted Mon 18 Mar 24 @ 7:16 pm