Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: My sidelist idea. Seems even RekordBox is in our forum. - Page: 2
Comments section should be an match option for match like I wanna match tracks using the same sample among other things...

Posted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 2:18 am
+1

Posted Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 12:45 am
ZiglarPRO InfinityMember since 2011
+1

Posted Mon 21 Nov 22 @ 7:24 pm
+1

Posted Mon 28 Nov 22 @ 5:31 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I hope to see the "Chain" function soon ;)

Posted Mon 28 Nov 22 @ 6:47 pm
+1

Posted Tue 29 Nov 22 @ 7:02 pm
+1

Posted Fri 02 Dec 22 @ 2:34 am
Hello Atomix, when you're done with the stems you could finally take care of the "realted tracks" function!!!!

Posted Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 12:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 12:56 pm
hi djdad,
i know remixes option 3, but that's not what i want.
I don't want automatic from existing playlists
I would like to link titles myself (e.g. title X matches title Y) deliberately set by me.

Posted Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 2:16 pm
+1

Posted Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 4:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
+1 for your own post repeatedly doesn't count :p

Posted Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 4:11 pm
Not trying to reach a certain count....But trying to keep the post among the latest post until devs understand how great this would be.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 4:19 am
Just seen this and it's a +1 from me too.

I currently use the comments feature and sometimes cue point descriptions for writing linking notes.

Typically I use the date of the last played date time stamp to then search the history and look at what I've played next when there isn't a note in the comment field. This only shows the last association though.

Maybe there is a way to search the history to show all instances of the current and next track including the entry and exit of both BPM and pitch of both the current and next track as this may be different each time.

However what is suggested here sounds really useful.

Things get complicated when you want to mash up a vocal with the main track and then mix across to the chosen 3rd track. With the additional mashup and mix options from the game changing V2 stems, you have more inter associations to complicate things.

I'm only a beginner but I've found VDJ doesn't lend itself to helping do this on the fly. Maybe I'm not using it correctly but I have to rely on either memory, comments field usage or pre planning as the only ways. I still intend to check out locodogs sticky add-on to see how this helps.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 9:54 am
Maybe I'm old school but in my 37 years of being a DJ I've never needed anything to "suggest" what to play next. In VDJ I use smart filters to group certain types of music together, but that's it.

I get that doing this is possible in other software, but I just think it would take away the creative side and make the DJs choice of music more robotic or repetitive.

Not saying it's a bad thing in general but doubt I'd use it.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 10:27 am
I'm with you on this Keith, 47 years of DJing for me. I use playlists as memory joggers, I prefer to call them 'pick lists'. I have around 90 playlists built up over the last 20 years of using computers to DJ with. I often have small groups of tunes in these lists that go together well. It works for me. 🙂

Just to add, I've been recreating and consolidating them into Virtual Folders over the last couple of years, it's an ongoing process.🤓

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 10:50 am
LOL yeah we're the old school crew!

Every time I play, whether at a gig or doing a stream, it's completely on the fly. None of this "I'm playing A so I have to play B next" nonsense. Taken to the extreme, you'll just end up playing the same tunes in the same order every time you DJ :-)

I do sometimes place little reminders in my comment tags if a track is related in some way to another, but they're snippets of info rather than instructions on what to play next!

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 11:20 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm not into lists either but time and memory are finite, accord & sticky, especially the cross reference suggestions from sticky make practice time more productive. I like to half/double bpm, bounce around genres. I can only remember so much and suggestions that based on my taste, that I haven't considered before breaks the repetition trap that memory can lead to.

Accord is nothing fancy, reminders of explicitly linked tracks nothing special about that either, but I believe the cross reference search to be one of the smartest dj ideas I've had.

playing A, you've specifically said B,C & D go well with A, how about trying all these tracks that work well with B,C & D.
It's slow going to start with, but once it starts suggesting things you hadn't considered and they work, it starts snowballing, more data points, more suggestions.

Companies spend lots on suggestion algos but I don't want track suggestions based on any group taste, cross reference suggestions are personal, I can do similar in my head but the machine doing it is both satisfying, also you're not thinking on just what you know [if you can hold that many links in your head] it frees you up to think about maybes. More experiments.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 1:05 pm
Hi Locodog,
you are absolutely right.
I'd like to use your sticky but I can't do it without detailed instructions.

Posted Wed 07 Dec 22 @ 3:15 pm
+1
Adion wrote :
+1 for your own post repeatedly doesn't count :p

Posted Mon 19 Dec 22 @ 9:59 pm
69%