Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: auto monitor muting?
hi guys, its me again. searching for more advice on using this software for radio. finally managed to get voivemeeter patched in so i can eq and gate my mic through my denon mc3000 and vdj only. works great and has upped my quality massivly. thats led to another issue

before upping the mic quality wit voicemeeter i was able to play through my monitor speakers and talk through the mic with no room noise, even when playing loud. now however i get a lot of echo and reverb from the room , thats to be expected i suppose as its picking up the mic from the monitors.

is there a way in vdj to automatically cut the output to my speakers when i trigger the mic but not to my broadcast software (sound empire caster). i only want this when i trigger the mic. do i need an external console like the rodecaster pro 2 or can i do this in software? i know this is probably a niche issue but i love being able to bounce around in my chair when i play lol. the feel of the music is almost as important as the music itself but ive taken ages to boost mic quility and would hate to go back now

oh and the mic is a shure mv7x if your curious

Posted Sat 17 Sep 22 @ 12:33 pm
When I started streaming, I was set up in front of my hifi speakers (they were behind me) and the output of my Denon Prime 4 fed into a Yamaha n12 studio mixer. Before using the mic, I either pressed the mute button or turned down the "control room level" knob on the n12.

Now I stream from another room, and my speakers are facing me - but about six feet away. When using the mic I don't turn them down or off. I simply don't have them playing loud enough to cause an issue with the mic.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 22 @ 1:31 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can configure your speakers as booth output instead of master on vdj.
For booth you can select if it includes mic or not

Posted Sat 17 Sep 22 @ 4:58 pm
Oh yes I should have also mentioned that in neither of my setups was the mic routed to the speakers. Something I just do by default for this kind of setup.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 22 @ 7:01 pm
unfortunatly the controller dosnt have a booth out. as i said im doing this on the cheap. the 2 monitors are 5 feet either side of me and facing behind me. without running voice meeter its not an issue but i have very limited eq, no gate or compressor and no limiter. this software does everything i needed for the mic but it makes it more sensitive and thats whats causing the echo. i dont knbow if its possible to upload video or audio here to show the set upi and hear the difference.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 22 @ 1:33 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You don't need a separate booth output on the controller. You can change the master output in vdj to be a booth output instead

Posted Mon 19 Sep 22 @ 2:23 pm