Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: key change script?
Howdy, I'd like to have the key on one deck follow the other as it is manually adjusted. I've got Ableton link active so both decks in VDJ are being tempo synced by the tempo knob in Ableton, and I've mapped the tempo sliders on my thingy to control the key per deck instead of tempo. Trying to have the decks pitch bend up or down and stay in key with each other essentially haha. Kind of new so I may be overlooking the needed script action hopefully?

Thank

Posted Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 12:42 am
I guess you want something like deck all key +1 and deck all key -1 actions ?

Posted Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 9:54 am
Deck the alls thank you bröther twas all too easy 🤦🏻‍♂️
Edit - needs to be something that can be toggled on and off while maintaining relative key difference bt decks and utilizing the tempo sliders that are already mapped to manual control key per deck separately
Ex. Deck A is at +4 semitones whilst Deck B is at 0. I toggle on the desired script action with a mapped button. I move Deck A tempo slider so that it drops in pitch back to 0. At the same time, Deck B now finds itself at -4 st 🙏

Posted Fri 17 Jun 22 @ 1:45 am
In that case remove 'deck all' from the script, and now it becomes 'per deck'

Posted Fri 17 Jun 22 @ 11:41 am
var '$globalbend' ? deck all key_smooth full : key_smooth full

is giving me the desired toggling between controlling both decks/one deck, but when global bend is toggled on, the pitch of the deck that wasn't being controlled is jumping to the relative value of where I have the pitch slider for the other deck, once I start moving it. Makes sense I guess, but think there's a way around it? Would need to have it sort of ignore the hardware slider's position and start moving from whichever pitch its already at.

Thanks very much for the help so far!

video of pitch jumping in case it's unclear
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrr26i57rp22x8c/pitch%20jumpy.mov?dl=0

Posted Fri 17 Jun 22 @ 9:11 pm