Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: latency, popping sounds, newbie needs HELP - Page: 1
i'm new to virtual dj and not very good with computer/tech lingo but i'm hoping someone can help. the last gig i did, during a dance set, i started getting a popping sound on every song. i closed VDJ, re-opened and problem went away. I did some reading and saw people talking about latency. TBH, i have NO idea what that means - it's way over my head. I ran a latency test and it says there is an issue. I've looked into the "throttling" it mentions but that appears to be off. I don't have any idea what else to do. This is a screen shot of my latency test, on a brand new windows 10 laptop. can someone give some help, without being too technical???

Posted Sat 16 Apr 22 @ 8:29 pm

Posted Sat 16 Apr 22 @ 8:29 pm
still need help here - VDJ makes a stuttering kind of sound every so often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSp00GMF8kA this is NOT my video - but someone having the same issues - it occurs around 1:05 into the video

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!?! i'm in the wedding business and this is making me look bad at events!!!!

Posted Thu 06 Oct 22 @ 8:00 pm
This is very common, especially on new/unprepared laptops
And you are on the right path to fixing it

You need to
1. Not have other processes on the laptop take up and/or block resources
2. Not try to make the laptop do more than it can handle. That's where the latency/buffer settings come in

A bit on latency and buffer size:
https://gigperformer.com/audio-latency-buffer-size-and-sample-rate-explained/

Posted Thu 06 Oct 22 @ 8:05 pm
FINALLY, someone who tries to help, THANK YOU!

I have an ASUS vivo book, running windows 10 home, 8gb installed RAM, AMD Ryzen 3 3250U processor, 64bit operating system

There's LITERALLY no other programs ever running on my laptop when using VDJ - system updates are OFF, Wifi is off, no additional software is installed, and pre-loated bloat-ware has been removed.

Under PERFORMANCE, Latency is set to 512
Ultra Latency is turned OFF
Sample rate is 44100

Do those settings sound good or would u suggest changing them? I'm a great DJ but not very good with computer settings, latency etc

Posted Thu 06 Oct 22 @ 10:06 pm
try 1024 for latency should be fine unless your trying to scratch all the time

Posted Thu 06 Oct 22 @ 11:01 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
vivobook @8GB is the cheap option of a budget range.

wfd010000.sys is driver system, the only way to fault find that is turn drivers off one at a time until you find the culprit, which is annoying.
I'd turn stems off for sure.
You can nurse round the edges but the machine's capabilities will be suspect.

Posted Thu 06 Oct 22 @ 11:07 pm
i don't scratch mix at all

what happens by turning off the stems?

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE TIPS

Posted Thu 06 Oct 22 @ 11:52 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
no stems means the EQ dials will work as traditional eq dials [not stem element faders (vocal, drums, etc) ]
A wedding dj wouldn't have much use for stems and it's a processor heavy task

the option is
mathEngine = disabled

Posted Fri 07 Oct 22 @ 12:17 am
none of these tips have worked...it did it again this past weekend at a wedding right in the middle of a dance set. this is why i never wanted to go from using cd's to laptops - joke all you want, but my cd's NEVER gave me an issue. This is beyond embarrassing and no one "official" from Virtual DJ seems to wanna step in and help solve things....

Posted Tue 11 Oct 22 @ 5:55 pm
Your machine is really low spec and unable to successfully handle real time audio.

Is that not "official" enough for you.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 22 @ 6:44 pm
ok, so how do i fix that????

Posted Tue 11 Oct 22 @ 7:43 pm
Buy a better machine basically

Posted Tue 11 Oct 22 @ 9:06 pm
first of all use this tool (https://sdi-tool.org/) to update your drivers all of them...

make sure to enable system restore in the application in case something goes wrong so you can roll back

Posted Tue 11 Oct 22 @ 10:40 pm
You haven' mentioned what controller you are using nor what driver os being used.

Also it would help to see your Audio config setup in VDJ and post below.

One last thing i see you are you djing a wedding while only using a home license?
Maybe you need to upgrade to a full license which is best for use outside of the home.

Posted Wed 12 Oct 22 @ 12:42 pm
Yes, like the previous one, what controller you are using and VDJ audio settings?

I use Pioneer xdj-rx3 and have a lot of cracks and pops with ASIO but when i finally change VDJ use WASAPI, everything goes smooth, cracks is gone.

Posted Wed 12 Oct 22 @ 1:20 pm
dse3030Home userMember since 2007
Ok sorry it’s been a long time since posting, but i work with Steven And I’m the reason he even has virtual, because I’m a proud user for many years…. He is using a denon mc7000 controller (which is as updated as it can be) now the laptop has more than enough specs to run virtual. And real-time audio, because I have used far less specs on many of my laptops for years with same controller, and never seen this issue with virtual… not to say it’s exactly a virtual issue, because the program does not seem to stutter, it just makes a gargling noise for maybe 1 second then it’s gone. There is no reason for it I used it today with 4 decks going and heard nothing for a while, then out of blue it does this… I’ll try the driver update site given, because it has no consistency to it… but I plugged my laptop back into the controller and mine runs perfectly like it always does. Any other suggestions are very welcome

Posted Wed 12 Oct 22 @ 11:01 pm
stevendjtt wrote :
still need help here - VDJ makes a stuttering kind of sound every so often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSp00GMF8kA this is NOT my video - but someone having the same issues - it occurs around 1:05 into the video

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!?! i'm in the wedding business and this is making me look bad at events!!!!

If you're into wedding business you should not have a home license right? Does not work with controllers more than 10 minutes...

Posted Thu 13 Oct 22 @ 9:38 am
i have a PRO license, so that's not the issue.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 22 @ 6:49 pm
i am using a denon mc7000 controller

Posted Tue 18 Oct 22 @ 6:50 pm
80%