Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Showing Video FX setting on a button??
Hi all! I have coded a 'direct access' button to call audio FX settings (parameters) using

deck 1 effect_show_gui & deck 1 effect_dock_gui off for deck 1 in this case, and it works as I require for my skin.

However, I would like to do the same thing for the current master videoFX including overlay/transforms/audioonlysource...

When using a touchscreen, the settings page option is missing from the drop-down effect select menu, so I can't access these using touch alone; hence my button idea!

Any suggestions gratefully accepted!

Posted Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 2:06 pm
I have discovered a workaround, which is to load the video effect into deck 1, using the audioFX menu folder 'Video Effects' then use the code above... seems to work as expected.

It is a shame I need to swap out for the audio FX on that deck though... will have another think!

Posted Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 1:28 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can use 'deck master' instead of 'deck 1' for scripting video effects on master.

Posted Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 2:04 pm
Hi Adion!

That solution works for the audio effect on the master channel, which I have already assigned to a button.
What I'm after is the ability to do the same thing but with the currently selected video FX (and transition).

The video FX menu also differentiates between overlay, transform and audio visualisation. It would be nice to separate these for selecting their gui too.

Posted Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 2:18 pm
for example:

videoFx_show_gui & videoFx_dock_gui off

or getting explicit effects

videoFx 'overlay' 'text' effect_show_gui & videoFx 'overlay' 'text' effect_dock_gui off

or something similar...

Posted Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 2:25 pm
effect_show_gui "transition"
effect_show_gui "video"
effect_show_gui "audioonlyvisualisation"

are also available.
These also work for other effect scripts such as effect_active, effect_select etc..

Posted Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 2:41 pm
deck master effect_show_gui "video" works perfectly.... :D

Thank you for your help!

Posted Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 3:08 pm
So I was experimenting further and wanted to show a specific videofx gui even though it was not the currently selected one...

Video_fx_select "Text" & master deck effect_show_gui "video" & effect_dock_gui "video off

With this I could put the button anywhere handy to access Text quickly without first selecting it as the current fx (activating is not required) This works as expected, changing the current fx to text then displaying the gui for the new current fx, but with one little 'bug'....

This action will stop displaying the last activated fx, even if it was not the currently selected one. I noticed the command effect_select_multi but couldn't get it to work... am I on the right track, or is this a quirk which needs ironing out?

I have spent hours on this and am getting nowhere... my brain is fried

Posted Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 11:52 pm
I think effect_show_gui will accept an effect name as well, so you can probably just use
effect_show_gui "video" "text"

If you do want to select the effect without turning the other effect off, you can use effect_select_multi in the same way:
effect_select_multi "video" "text"

Posted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 6:53 am
I shall try again; im sure I tried those... thanks for clarifying :)

Posted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 8:32 am
this works :D
action="deck master effect_select_multi 'video' 'text' & deck master effect_show_gui 'video' & deck master effect_dock_gui 'video' off"

All I need to do now is work out how to show the onscreen keyboard when I click in the text input window... it appears for a split second then disappears.

Posted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 9:38 am