Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin Script
on approx line 1083 of the default Pro skin,

<button action="[ACTION1]">

works

and just adding some nothings in front of it for a holding action:
<button action="holding ? leftdeck ? nothing : rightdeck ? nothing : nothing : [ACTION1]">

Does NOT work...

This is NOT the expected behaviour ?

I need help with skin scripts.

---------------------
PS
If I add a script for the holding action. it works .. its just the [ACTION1], normal click, that does NOT work.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 3:44 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
expected. your line ref appears off as I can't find where you're looking.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 3:53 am
Thank you for the quick reply.

If you are asking the LINE number its LINE 1083 in the default Pro skin. (as mentioned)

I removed the tooltip for clarity/simplicity, to present the issue in its barest bones case. (since the tooltip does not affect with the action, ie keeping the tooltip does not allow the script to work as expected)

that is what I have for line 1083, in the default Pro skin ver 6800

and why do you say that is "expected" ?

Posted Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 4:03 am
line 1119 here.
expected, sky blue, water wet, place holders and actual script not being fully interchangeable, expected,
just do your thing where the placeholder is given a script, there's what 4, 5 places?

Posted Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 4:19 am
as I mentioned .. if I fill in all the "nothing"s they all work, the holding scripts all work. its the [ACTION1] action that does not work .. (again tried to simplify to what is NOT working, not discuss what is) And adding other scripts to replace the "nothing"s does not allow the [ACTION1], normal click action to work, if you are implying that the placeholders are causing the issue.

the part of the script that does not work is the logic part: "NOT HOLDING" which is where the [ACTION1] is.
Did you explain why .. or did you test this on your setup?... that script would work fine in a custom button or mapping.. is there something different about scripts in skins ?

I am a rookie at this.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 4:37 am
[ACTION1] is a place holder.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 4:43 am
I have no idea what [ACTION1] does.. treating it like a black box. and hoping it will do the correct thing when called on. What the [ACTION1] was defined somewhere to do. (ie when normal Left click of mouse in that area)

and why does the place holder, [ACTION1], not work in the modified script ..and does in the original script?

Posted Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 4:48 am
follow where "area_tab" is called, there you'll see scripts assigned.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 22 @ 4:59 am
If one goes to where the placeholders are defined.. for example if I go to line 2133, in the default Pro skin, (where ACTION1 is defined for the FX area of the L-deck)

How does one add a "rightclick action" for that specific area ?

Adding rightclick="my-action" is not seen, (ie... R-clicking that area is same as L-click).

Posted Thu 13 Jan 22 @ 10:38 pm
define it, if an attribute is variable use a placeholder.

place it, if placeholder was used, fill it out here.

Posted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 2:32 am
Can you give me more hints how to define a rightclick action?

If I change line 2133 to:
<panel class="area_tab" action1="skin_panelgroup 'fx_[PANELNAME]' +1" rightclick="play_pause" action2="skin_panelgroup_available 'fx_[PANELNAME]'" text="FX" localize="true" query="off"/>

then the R-Click action is NOT seen.

----------------------
would I create a new action3 and add action3="rightclick='play_pause'" to the above line?

Note: play_pause used for testing purposes only.

help :)

Posted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 2:58 am
<define class="area_tab" placeholders="text,action1, action2, actionR, orientation=vertical,height=+100">
<button action="[ACTION1]" rightclick="[ACTIONR]" tooltip="PANEL\nClick to switch between the available views for this panel">

<group name="area_fx" x="+10" y="+10+90+10">
<panel class="area_tab" action1="skin_panelgroup 'fx_[PANELNAME]' +1" action2="skin_panelgroup_available 'fx_[PANELNAME]'" actionr="play_pause" text="FX" localize="true" query="off"/>

Posted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 3:13 am
Thank you very much Locodog.

You are the script wizard !

I understand bit more now . .. much appreciated :)

Posted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 3:36 am
truth be told I don't really KNOW how to do anything with skinning, I just look stuff up in the skin sdk and then try stuff

Posted Fri 14 Jan 22 @ 6:20 am