Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Button action of loaded Track "cover art" in default Pro skin
How would one find the button action code line for clicking of the "track cover art" in the default Pro skin?
(cannot not find the line of code that address this button, and do not know what that area is called)

video of L and R clicking of the "track cover art" image, producing same action, (opening a menu).
https://gyazo.com/f92c3615130435e2215c5815fe5d002c

would like to change the R click to a different action.

Thanks in advance

Posted Sun 26 Dec 21 @ 10:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I believe it's hardcoded.

Posted Sun 26 Dec 21 @ 10:27 pm
Thank you Locodog for the quick reply..

and that explains why I was unable to find it.. and glad I asked, so as not to spend much more time searching for it.

Again Thanks !

Posted Sun 26 Dec 21 @ 10:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Indeed, it's hardcoded, but the you could change the menu by adding your own custom one.
You ll have to edit the skin xml though.

For the Pro Layout (Pro.xml), at about Line 1928, you ll find the <cover> code..
<cover>
<pos x="+7" y="+7"/>
<size width="56-14" height="56-14"/>
</cover>

Add the following code, right after the </cover> line ..
<!-- This button is just a way to bypass the Cover menu and have your own menu -->
<button action="nothing">
<pos x="+7" y="+7"/>
</button>
<! -- This is your own custom menu -->
<menu tooltip="My Menu">
<pos x="+7" y="+7"/>
<item text="My Item 1" action="youractoinhere" />
<item text="My Item 2" action="youractoinhere" />
</menu>

Posted Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 8:53 am
Thank you DJDAD... that code change works perfectly... and here is the.... "but".... is there a way to easily keep the hardcoded action for the L-click action and only add new action for rightclick? (as I like the smart features of the default menu, it knows when to add "download to cache" to the menu, when that is possible, etc.)

When using the menu, I use one of the menu options 98% of the time and wanted to have faster access.

wondered how one can script the use of the hardcoded action for the L-click and a different custom action for rightclick. (have tried a few variations, and currently, working not as I would like) I would prefer to mod that button, since currently I am accustomed to go there.

And maybe would be easier to mod a non-hardcoded button for my purposes.

Look forward to your thoughts
(as I try to learn some bits about skin mod)

And again thank you !

Posted Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 4:35 pm
No, it's not possible.
Also all <menu /> items cannot hold different actions on right click.

So, what you could do (assuming it's for your own personal usage) is this:
Create a secondary overlay button on a specific area of the cover

What I mean is that you can create a transparent button over let's say the lower right corner of the cover and give it your code.
If the button is drawn after the cover (on top of it) then the 3 quarters of the cover area will give you the default menu, and the other one will give you your own custom menu.
Of course it doesn't have to be a quarter of the area nor it needs to "snap" on the edges. But it will be easier to remember where to click in order to get the menu you want that way.

Edit:
To make it more interesting, if you choose to go that route, you can have the button to be transparent when it's not used, but have an image/icon/text/color when your mouse is over it.
This way the cover would display clean, but still moving your mouse on top of it would expose your "hidden" button.

Posted Thu 30 Dec 21 @ 7:50 am
Wow thank you Phantom.. very clever, love it ! ! [big smiles]

Posted Thu 30 Dec 21 @ 8:02 am