Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: "select +1" and "select -1"? (and " select" by and endless encoder?)
Is there a way to select the decks as default deck by buttons repeating up and down? The command select +1 and select -1 doesn't seem to work. And additionally selecting decks by mapping just "select" on an endless encoder of a controller? I have tried to map "select" on endless knobs of several controlllers and I could not make them work (APC20 and APC40's, Kontrol F1's, DDJ-RZX).

I want to use the commands for my custom made skin/controller mapping with 16 additional mini "cart-decks". Those cart-decks function primarly as jingle players for broadcast use and I could need the function for a quick one-knob selection to edit them one by one and made visible on the skin by an additional custom-made preview player...

Thanks in advance ;-)

Posted Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 6:33 pm
The simpler way that I can think off goes like this:

param_bigger 0 ? var_greater '$ActDeck' 2 ? nothing : cycle '$ActDeck' 4 & var_equal '$ActDeck' 0 ? deck 1 select : var_equal '$ActDeck' 1 ? deck 2 select : var_equal '$ActDeck' 2 ? deck 3 select : var_equal '$ActDeck' 3 ? deck 4 select : NOTHING : var_smaller '$ActDeck' 1 ? nothing : cycle '$ActDeck' -4 & & var_equal '$ActDeck' 0 ? deck 1 select : var_equal '$ActDeck' 1 ? deck 2 select : var_equal '$ActDeck' 2 ? deck 3 select : var_equal '$ActDeck' 3 ? deck 4 select : NOTHING

This should work on any encoder.

Posted Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 7:09 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
deck_select PARAM would be a nice verb to have for the more adventurous projects.

Posted Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 8:09 pm
Yes PhantomDJ, the script works flawless on a encoder indeed.
Gonna expand it for the 16 cart-players. Thank you very much for your help ;-)

Cheers and happy holidays all of you guys

Posted Tue 21 Dec 21 @ 8:47 pm