Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: vdj8 tags on vdj7
Not sure if my subject was correct,

What i do is at home on 8 i make a playlist for a show save it to my extetnal drive with my tunes then at the show i have my playlist on the house system,

Ive been using vdj8 and iirc the club uses 7 so i tested it at home with 7 and my playlist doesnt import or use song tags i made in 8,
Any easy way to get 7 to use 8 tags?

Posted Thu 04 Nov 21 @ 11:23 pm
No. Basically you're seeking backwards compatibility (which is never good) to a software that has stopped been developed almost a decade ago.
So: There's no easy way to achieve backwards compatibility.
There are possible ways to "hack" things around and make it work, but the time and effort you'll put on that simply doesn't worth it (since it's not an permanent solution and you'll have to repeat it every time you want to "import" tags from 8 to 7).

PS: If the club uses 7 then it should upgrade to 8.
After all it's a free update (assuming that as a legit club they do own a PRO license) and 8 has much better sound engine compared to 7 (which should make a difference on a club's sound system)

Posted Fri 05 Nov 21 @ 12:51 pm
I hear you on back compatibility like with usb 3 or 2 going into usb 1, i guess im talking hardware now,

I admit i dragged stepping up to 8 and now love it wish i had done it sooner, and i did pay for vdj way back that being said after i sold my club and came back out to do guest shows to some degree or another im at the mercy of the club system, unless i bring in gear which isnt always practical

I plan to go check out the club gear again, havent seen it since 2019 as rona killed the 2020 show,

But yeah, that club still uses the same gear i have at home antiquated denon 500 and 4500 stuff,
And as of 2019 still used 7
i am pretty darn sure i recall it being a paid version so no reason not to update,

Thanks anyway,

Posted Fri 05 Nov 21 @ 4:02 pm