Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Possible bug regarding deck specific scripts
I found a possible bug regarding deck specific scripts

This:
deck 1 volume 25% while_pressed && deck 2 volume 25% while_pressed && deck 3 volume 25% while_pressed
works fine in 4 channel mode

But if I happen to be in 2 channel mode and trigger the same script, the volume on deck 1 is never returned to it's original position - probably because the current no of channels doesn't really match the script

But shouldn't it still work for the 2 available channels?

Posted Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 8:05 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Have you tried to use...
deck all
Instead of adding decks one by one ?

Posted Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 9:04 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
because maybe use in non conventional situations ... and missing many decks or applying to not wanted decks, and by the way while_pressed is not working wilt deck all

but Klaus is true and is touching a point !!
this is a bug due to while_press being apply to 'deck mod decks' and so is volume
release restore previous volume in deck mod decks, which was 25% already apply to pure deck
missing by the ways previous decks if switched from 4 or more to 2 decks layout or applying to decks 5..8 as well in 8 decks mode - nbdecks related ;))

I somehow though to worked around this by using

deck all leftcross ? volume 25% while_pressed : rightcross ? volume 25% while_pressed :

but the use of "deck all" inhibit the while_press

in some case
up ? deck all leftcross ? volume 100% : rightcross ? volume 100% ::
deck all leftcross ? volume 25% : rightcross ? volume 25% :

keeping "thru" decks untouch - I mostly use them for video effects and not muted but level 0 because of "MUTE - " bug breaking text parsing in various "get_artist_title" and "get_artist_before_feat" and alike
and deckfxreturn and sampler possibly not affected too

but there are many issues with that :
- Initial level is not restored
- Initialy level 0 decks are 25% during press then 100%

what is guessed as simple finally ends up with things like that:::
deck 1 get_text `param_smaller volume 25% ? constant 0.25 : volume` & param_cast float & volume while_pressed &
deck 2 get_text `param_smaller volume 25% ? constant 0.25 : volume` & param_cast float & volume while_pressed &
param_smaller get_decks 2 ?
deck 3 get_text `param_smaller volume 25% ? constant 0.25 : volume` & param_cast float & volume while_pressed &
deck 4 get_text `param_smaller volume 25% ? constant 0.25 : volume` & param_cast float & volume while_pressed :::
but this is working

Posted Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 11:14 am